Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Somebody find me Sal Paolantonio, so I can shove a you-know-what down his throat

bearrock

Alright, so Paolantonio thinks that Player's don't trust Gibbs and that he needs to go in order for the Redskins to succeed. :rolleyes:

I point to just one thing in this game: Randy Thomas. How many players would come back early from an injury to play for a coach they don't trust?

As for the divided locker room, we all saw how the defensive players and G. Williams congratuated Ramsey and the offense on the sidelines after the positive drives. This to me is not a divided locker room.

In the famouse words of his ESPN collegues, Sal Paolantonio, JUST SHUT UP.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I heard Bill Maas talking about what Thomas coming back early from an injury to a 3-8 team says about Gibbs. Sal doesn't know what he's talking about. Gibbs is overwhelmed, therefore he needs to go? Maybe he is a little bit, but that's to be expected when you've been out of the game for 12 years. I'm sure Vermeil was overwhelmed his first year back with the Rams when they were at the bottom of the NFC West. And he only won a Super Bowl 2 years later. Saying Gibbs has to go and the players don't trust him anymore because he wasn't doing good in his first 10 games back shows a lot about his analysis skills. He should just stick to reporting and not try to act like he's some kind of football guru.

Sal is an Eagles fan.

He also ran his mouth about something he didnt know what he was talking about and he was probably just assuming but also said he had "sources" of course ones that he couldnt name.

What the idiot needs to realize is that this whole time the 11-1 Eagles lockeroom is more divided than the 4-8 Skins lockeroom is. B/c we dont have rats like TO walking around looking out for only themselves.

The report of what Sal said was both ludicrous and quite believable. You have to imagine Coles and Gardner don't have a whole lot of faith in Gibbs right now. You kind of heard Coles even as far back as training camp saying all the work the team was putting in was tiring and when asked whether it was worth it he said, "If we win."

There have been some comments and rumors that members of the offense don't have a tremendous amount of faith in Gibbs right now. When you're the No. 30 offense in football, that's a good thing. I love Joe, but, I don't have a lot of faith in his offense right now. It's No. 30 in the league. You'd be an idiot to trust him at this point.

He HAS looked overwhelmed at times. He has had trouble at times. That was all to be expected. You all heard the stories this week about members of the offense talking to Gibbs about putting in more deep pass plays. Clearly there's a worry at least with some on the offense.

Ultimately, though, why it's ludicrous is because despite that, the team continues to play with hard and with heart. Players continue to return early from injury to help the team as best they can. And, of course, we all heard the supposedly OPEN revolt against Belichick last year when he cut Milloy and how he couldn't be trusted.

Good coaching matters. You don't have to have everyone think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread. You just have to get everyone on the same page. When Gibbs does that the rest will work itself out.

Archived