Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Building for now or for the future??

Hersh

It seems to be a little of both and that could trap us in perpetual mediocrity. A couple years back we had a strong offense with a competent QB and a not so good defense. Now we have a solid defense, but old on the DL and probowl RB, but no quality QB. If it takes Ramsey a couple years to become a solid QB, the DL will need to be rebuilt and there is no telling if Davis will still be here or be effective.

It was crucial to move up into an unusually deep 3rd round, and brilliant to get two 3rds. Definitely potential starters available that would be signed much more cheaply than 1st round talent or vets. We've also got 7 picks tomorrow to help us move around and target specific players.

I am not sure we will trade for Shane Matthews anymore, although we could use the 7th rounder we acquired from the Pats to get him. We have a solid team RIGHT NOW. We're shouldn't be a team building for the future, and we NEED Matthews in here if we're going to be successful. By the time Ramsey develops we'll have a buttload of FA departures and probably have cap problems too...Hopefully this isn't signalling ANOTHER 5 years of mediocrity.

Buddah its great that we got 2 3rd rounders but we just wasted our 2nd rounder on a guy we could have got in the 3rd or 4th round. This is gonna turn out to be a real poor draft unless we make perfect picks from now on.

Does anyone else feel like we should have moved up in the second round with those 3rd rounders?

Somehow I don't feel like we picked up much bang for our buck, regardless of how "deep " the 3rd round is this year.

I'm glad that Trotter will be kickin rear on our dime, instead of feasting ,as an Iggle, on the left side of our O line.

We need to invest in a DT FA or SS's QB/RB training program will spend a lot of time in our oponent's defensive highlight films.

We're losing ground to the cowgirls. It seems like they're going to protect the QB with a guard that can measure up. Insurance premiums just went up on Burgundy and Gold QBs.

Buddah,ND tell me something that will make us stop looking to the 2003 draft for the Sitting Bull and our future Redskin Warriors to Kick A** and take names.

There's a bit of irony in all of this, though I did favor a Ladell move a little later. I also DID speculate they'd make a move for either 2 #2's or #3's, and I feel they will NOT approach Matthews. He may be invited, when he's released, but Ramsey is better groomed to handle what apparently Wuerffel and anyone else on the roster cannot.

I EXPECT A DEFENSIVE selection and O-LINE this round.

Whoever becomes our QB will need as much time as possible to "gel".

I agree, We don't need Mathews taking up valuable teaching time for Ramsey or Sage.

Unless we get a good guard,we'll have enough Trotter tackling dummies in the backfield.

Archived