Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lucky Week 13 predictions from THE Friday Football Fanatic

Rocky21

I don’t like to brag (Well...I kinda like it) but I was 6-2 last weekend. The Bucs screwed me in Sanitized For Your Protection Charlotte and who saw the whole Bills smearing the Seahawks thing coming. Certainly not me, and certainly not Mike Holmgren. Ol’ Triple F is going to see the Redskins / Giants game this weekend and I don’t know who’s more excited. Me or Redskins Defensive Coordinator Greg Williams? From the middle of a cornfield in Hanover County here’s them picks.

Arizona at Detroit (-6): The lowly Lions allowed only 11 sacks last year, just four shy of the NFL record, but fired offensive line coach Carl Mauck under the watchful eye of TV announcer turned GM Matt Millen. Of course they’ve given up 26 sacks this year so far. Why oh why did Denny Green start Shaun King the last 2 games? Is he throwing these games to pay off a bookie? Is he on medication? He’s starting a rookie this weekend so I’m sure he knows what he’s doing, right? Oh boy. Two struggling offenses, I’ll go with the better D. Pick: Cardinals.

Buffalo (-3) at Miami: Did you see that nifty fake QB sneak / pitchback to MacGahee for a 30 yard TD? Schweet! Remember where you heard it first. MacGahee rushes for over 100 yards, the Bills win. He’s done it 5 times and the Bills have 5 wins. Coincidence? Nope. Pick: Bills.

Carolina at New Orleans (-1): The good news is Peppers returned an INT for a touchdown. The bad news is that’s the kind of eye-opening performance that may have previously suspended Peppers pee peeing in a cup. Pick: Panthers.

Cincinnati at Baltimore (-7): How about Richmond native Rudi Johnson with 200+ yards rushing and 2 touches last week? By the way no one in the NFL has lost more fumbles than weak armed QB Kyle Boller. He took his team out of the ballgame by fumbling the ball away again for a Pats score last week. If you’re a Ravens fan, #7 is the enemy. Did they really trade two #1’s for this guy? Sheesh. Bengals are 1-4 on the road this year.

Pick: Ravens.

Minnesota (-7) at Chicago: Send your cards and flowers to the Bears because they have cancer. Team cancer Jeff George, that is. The guy hasn’t taken a snap in 3 years and he committed 4 turnovers in the last game he did play in. This sounds like a joke but da Bears have changed their starting QB 26 times in the last 87 games. Bears GM Jerry Angelo, who passed up Byron Leftwich for Rex Grossman, said, “That is the ideal situation; that he wouldn’t play.” Then why add him to the roster? This is clearly a cry for help. I know Tim the Bears fan is sick. Well at least the Bears have Chad Hutchinson as their new starter.

Heh heh heh. Pick: Vikes.

New England (-10) at Cleveland: How much longer do you think Butch Davis will be in Cleveland when the team gives up 58 points to a team with a losing record? What? He’s no longer there. Oh never mind. Whatcha wanna bet the new interim head coach starts Kelly Holcomb over the Hispanic Uncle Fester as soon as this weekend? Pick: Browns.

San Francisco at St. Louis (-10.5): Tim Rattay fumbled 3 times last week for the team with the worst record in football. Tell me why the Niners got rid of the H.U. F. (see above) after last season again? St. Louis has a losing record, is on a short week of work, got waxed by 4 touchdowns last week and they’re 10 and a half point favorites? That seems funny to me. Not funny ha ha. Pick: Niners.

Denver at San Diego (-3): The 1st place Chargers have doubled their win total from last year and they have 5 games left to play. Only history will tell who got the best of the Chargers / Falcons trade of Michael “or is it Mike” Vick for Drew Brees, LaDanian Tomlinson and Tim Dwight. Last week Vick had 212 passing yards and 69 yards rushing. Last week Drew Brees threw for a career high 378 passing yards, LaDanian Tomlinson had 103 total yards and 2 touchdowns and Tim Dwight had 135 kick off return yards. Hmmmm. Pick: Chargers.

N.J. Giants at Washington (-2): Sean Taylor’s hit on Pittsburgh back up RB Willie Parker was one of the hardest hits I’ve seen in the NFL all season. The Giants lost 2 games in a row so they replaced Kurt Warner with Eli Manning who promptly lost 2 games in a row. Daddy’s boy was 6 for 21 (his QB rating was 16 at one point in the game), he took 5 sacks, threw 2 INT’s and generally looked like the overwhelmed, confused rookie that he is. Plus I watched Sports Center last week and I swear I saw Archie pulling the strings at one point in the game. Pick: Redskins.

Dallas at Seattle (-7): As bad as the Cowboys have been their fans always had hope for the future with Drew Henson. How did he do in his long awaited first NFL start? Not good it says here. 4 for 12 for 31 yards and an INT. Yikes. I know Parcells is trying to change the image of this troubled franchise but I’m afraid a lot of us remember Cowboys like DL Harvey Martin, arrested after a crack binge for assaulting his girlfriend, Aug. 1996, his third arrest in five months for the same crime. Pick: Cryboys.

Archived