Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's going to be Donte Stallworth

Buddha

The draft is less than 1 1/2 hrs away and the Buddha's Nostradamus-like prognosticating powers are predicting a trade-up for Donte Stallworth. I've been staring at the prospect lists for several days now, and that is the name that keeps leaping out at me. I had the same sense last year about Fred Smoot (although I thought we'd take him in the 1st). Look for a trade-up to somewhere around #10, with the Skins giving up this year's first rounder and next and possibly netting a 3rd rounder in the process.

You heard it here first. Donte Stallworth will be a Washington Redskin in a few short hours.

Snyder definitely wants to arm his new offensive genius with the best weapons possible. But it will likely be Snyder doing the arming-- and checking/balancing Spurrier's taste for Florida receivers a notch or two below Stallworth talent-wise. Keep in mind who Snyder wanted last year instead of Rod Gardner-- Santana Moss, a tremendous deep threat with speed to spare. Stallworth has similar credentials but is much BIGGER with an arguably more potential.

Spurrier would be hard pressed to argue with the choice if it is a reasonable option.

If we weren't targeting Harrington, don't you think we would of made the trade to get Matthews?

I'll put my money on Harrington. We've heard the talk about Spurrier praising him and the skins wanting to move up to take him.

I don't want to overpay to get him. He may fall to us, someone else may want him and if he is TRULY our guy, then go ahead and get him.

There are tons of WRs in this draft, no need to trade up.

Just saw a blurb from Chris Mortensen saying the Lions are all but a lock to take Harrington at #3. And the Skins are probably trying to force the Bears' hand to see if they cut Matthews outright. At the very least, they could deal them a 2003 pick after the draft.

Oh, and by the way, the Skins are also going to take Nick Rolovich in the 5th. Prognosticating powers are telling me the same thing.

Originally posted by Sag

Actually Buddha, I read this scenario yesterday in the PFW mock draft. They have us trading up with the Colts and taking Stallworth at #11.

That's cool. Then you heard it here SECOND!

They just said on ESPN that it's the Ballcoach's birthday today. I suppose that rules out drafting defense on Day 1.

Well, for the first time I'm now convinced we will do something. ESPN has a body in our war room. Spurrier is talking about "impact" players to take that can make an immediate impact for us making interceptions or touchdowns.

We're going to do something. My heart hopes that something is downward, but, damn, I think it might be up and, I think it might be Williams if Jammer gets past San Diego at No. 5.

Archived