Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hall, Griffin Upgraded; Haley Out

afparent

Hall, Griffin Upgraded; Haley Out

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

November 26, 2004

Defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin and kicker John Hall have been upgraded to probable for Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Griffin's backup, Jermaine Haley, has been downgraded to out for the game.

If Hall is able to play, it would be his first game since Week 6 when he suffered a groin injury during a practice. Ola Kimrin replaced him and was 6-of-9 in field goal attempts.

"I think John is real encouraged," head coach Joe Gibbs said. Hopefully we'll have him this week. It will be great to finally get a player back from injury."

Like Hall, Griffin began the week listed as questionable after missing last Sunday's game against Philadelphia due to a hip injury. He was able to participate in several practices this week, convincing coaches to upgrade him.

Haley missed all of the team's practices this week due to a knee injury. He will not make the trip to Pittsburgh.

As expected, linebacker LaVar Arrington (knee), defensive end Phillip Daniels (groin) and right tackle Randy Thomas (hamstring) have been listed as out for Sunday's game.

Listed as probable for Sunday's game are the following: left tackle Chris Samuels (ankle), running back Ladell Betts (ankle) and cornerback Fred Smoot (shoulder).

After Wednesday's practice, Gibbs was asked if he had ever experienced a season with so many significant injuries.

"No, I don't think so," he replied. "We thought back on that one the other day and I can say that we never have. We were talking about last year and the count was like three guys or something that were out. I think it is real unusual and it kind of goes along with everything that has happened to us this year.

"I'll look at the plus-side of it. We have been able to look at a lot of people and we have had a lot of free agents step up for us."

The Steelers list four players as out for Sunday's game: Linebacker Kendrell Bell, wide receiver Plaxico Burress, defensive end Brett Keisel and cornerback Chad Scott.

Larry Foote is expected to start for Bell at right inside linebacker and Willie Williams is expected to start for Scott. The Steelers list Lee Mays as the backup to Burress on the team's depth chart, but they have named Antwaan Randle El as the starter.

Listed as questionable for the Steelers are the following: linebacker James Harrison, cornerback Chidi Iwuomo, tight end Jay Riemersma and running backs Duce Staley and Jerome Bettis. Listed as probable is running back Verron Hayes.

www.redskins.com

man the steelers are hurting also...the players that are definately out for them are strong contributers and they have a lot of good questionable players. watch, if we do beat them, pastabelly and all those antiskins reporters are going to say how this doesnt count against Big Ben because his team was descimated by injuries.

Originally posted by skns4life

man the steelers are hurting also...the players that are definately out for them are strong contributers and they have a lot of good questionable players. watch, if we do beat them, pastabelly and all those antiskins reporters are going to say how this doesnt count against Big Ben because his team was descimated by injuries.

I could care less what anybody says...we just need a WIN!!

Archived