Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Len P Say Skins are interested in Roy Williams

RySkins

According to his latest board of draft rumors, our dear friend Mr Pasquarelli says we could trade up for Roy Williams if he slides by Dallas at the 6th pick.

The relevant quote:

"April 19: Pasquarelli Should the Cowboys move up a few spots to choose Texas corner Quentin Jammer, then Williams would drop a bit. The Oklahoma safety would be a real possibility at No. 10, the Cincinnati pick. But if Williams starts sliding down in the top 10, look for Washington owner Dan Snyder to try to move up from his current No. 18 spot to get him."

Read about it here

Sorry if someone has already posted this.

I love Roy Williams as much as any player in the draft, but I don't believe for a minute the skins trade up to get him. This is nothing but smoke screens being thrown out there. The skins may be laughing at all the head games they are doing.

Originally posted by RySkins

According to his latest board of draft rumors, our dear friend Mr Pasquarelli says we could trade up for Roy Williams if he slides by Dallas at the 6th pick.

The relevant quote:

"April 19: Pasquarelli Should the Cowboys move up a few spots to choose Texas corner Quentin Jammer, then Williams would drop a bit. The Oklahoma safety would be a real possibility at No. 10, the Cincinnati pick. But if Williams starts sliding down in the top 10, look for Washington owner Dan Snyder to try to move up from his current No. 18 spot to get him."

Read about it here

Sorry if someone has already posted this.

If we trade up for a FREAKIN' Safety, I'll weep in my taco.

Trading up for: Harrington, Henderson, Sims, Haynesworth = GOOD!!!

Trading up for: Lelie, Stallworth = Not good, but not terrible

Trading up for: a Safety or Cornerback = Soggy taco shells

what is funny in these rumors and reports is that the Skins are said to be in need of help at DT and yet when it is mentioned that John Henderson may drop to the early teens NO ONE has the Redskins even remotely interested in moving up to take him, now why is that?

meanwhile, the Skins are evidently willing to move up according to these various reports to take Harrington, Williams or Gaffney.

Mendes has been playing it close to the vest but I am just about certain the Skins will NOT move up to take Williams or Gaffney.

Harrington, maybe. Henderson, maybe.

I think the Skins COULD select Gaffney at #18 if he falls. But the deep class of receivers means starting caliber prospects will still be there in round 2.

Right now, how would it sound to trade down from #18 and then draft both Ramsey and Caldwell?

That is if Henderson is gone by say the #12 pick to Arizona.

Roy Williams= best player in this draft, period.

I agree that safety is an odd position to trade up for, but if we wind up with Williams, I will be a very happy camper.

Never, ever have I seen a player do the things that this guy did in college-- totally unreal the way he dominated the game from that position.

what is funny in these rumors and reports is that the Skins are said to be in need of help at DT and yet when it is mentioned that John Henderson may drop to the early teens NO ONE has the Redskins even remotely interested in moving up to take him, now why is that?

He had some injury problems & there are questions about his back. We took a DT in the first round several years ago -- Bobby Wilson, MSU -- with some questions about his back & that didn't turn out well at all. That said, if he's around at #18, sheet -- take him. I very much doubt he will be.

OF COURSE pick him is he slips to #18, but there's not a chance in heck that he will. And as for a trade up to get him, highly unlikely. We have bigger fish to fry, and to trade up to get a safety would be a waste when we have two starters under contract and no solid OG or DT.

Archived