Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot Sound Bite!

red zone

Did anyone else hear Fred Smoot's latest response to a question regarding Terrell Owens? Smooty said "I don't know how many time I have to tell you guys, but a receiver is only as good a as the QB throwing him the ball. Without #5 back there throwing... he's nothing.

While this will most certainly be prime bulletin board material for the Eagles, I'm not mad at Smoot for offering up his opinion. In order to be a successful CB in the NFL, you have to have a ton "****y" in you. Whether it be the shear athletic arrogance of a Darrell Green, or the over the top, shameless, self promoting style of Deion Sanders.

Smoot has thrown down the gauntlet. He and his secondary bretheren will surely back it up!

Smooooooooot!

:cool:

I, personally, think Smooty shouldn't say ANYTHING. Especially about T.O. Why sink to that punk's level? I would have said this, "He's a talented Wide Receiver and it will be tough covering him, but I'm going to play my heart out."

That way if you get burned once, you can say, yep, but I played my heart out and only got burned once.

Originally posted by dfbovey

Smoot backs up his talk on the field. I don't mind it. And everything he said was true.

1- Greenbay's WRs ARE better than Philly's.

2- We all know from watching Brunell that a WR is only as good as the QB throwing him the ball.

Preach on Smootie!

Not so sure about that.

The Packers are what? 4-4.

The eagles are 8-1?

The packers have a pro bowl RB - Ahman Green.

The Eagles have Brian Westbrook.

Javon Walker and Donald Driver and Robert Ferguson aren't as good as T.O. combined.

Originally posted by Charlie Murphaaay

Not so sure about that.

The Packers are what? 4-4.

The eagles are 8-1?

The packers have a pro bowl RB - Ahman Green.

The Eagles have Brian Westbrook.

Javon Walker and Donald Driver and Robert Ferguson aren't as good as T.O. combined.

Javon Walker --- 49 receptions - 857 yards - 8 TDs

Terrell Owens --- 55 receptions - 884 yards - 12 TDs

Sorry, but it's pretty close just between those two. The fact that the Packers have a balanced offense with a RB that takes away some of the TDs that Walker would get doesn't help your arguement.

Archived