Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Impressions of our Gun Slinger

Saragoth

First of all, I didn't expect PR to come out and light it up..

But it my opinion he did a great job.. Take away 1 bad throw(That interception right to a bengals defender near the slide lines. The interception in the fourth quarter was just as much the receivers fault as it was PR's.

Some other things I noticed.. The Redskins players WANT Patrick in there.. You guys see all the hand slappin and high five

in going on? They never did that with Brunell. I saw receivers going up and getting balls and trying just a little harder to play well for Patrick.

Patricks Timing was off.. But not nearly as off as Brunells. I'm hoping with 90% of the snaps this week we'll see an improved performance.

That being said.. I watched his throws carefully, regardless of what it netted. I saw sharp, somewhat accurate throws. He had some wierd ones, to high and such. Our receivers still dropped some. Anyway Patrick said it best, "Average" is what he said when discussing his perfmormace, and I agree but look at it this way.. He has been only getting 10-20% of the snaps in practice. I'm anxious to see how well he performs with a full week of 90% snaps.

Give him some time to knock the rust off and I think we'll see some great QB play.

Jeremy

I agree, I think we have a different Ramsey in our hands than last year. His passes were sharp and getting to the receivers. I was really impressed as to how pump up he was. I think he got the team going and the remaining fans as well.

I think that our receivers need to get tougher. Patrick Ramsey always seems to play with emotion, He will be alright.

The biggest plus I saw was Ramsey's demeanor and the way his teammates reacted. Otherwise, I saw Ramsey make a lot of mistakes and mis-throws. He did not look sharp, until the Bengals started playing a softer defense in the 4th quarter.

However, I don't place all the blame on Ramsey. First, all the other offensive problems that plagued Brunell will continue to plague Ramsey (blocking, drops, penalties, etc.). Second, he needs more first string practice time.

Nothing is going to happen until our offensive line can pass block effectively, our receivers stop making mind-boggling drops, and our players stop making stupid penalties.

I am 100% with the Pharaoh and am sure he can get his thing going. He just needs help.

Originally posted by DG-Skinsmann

Give the man some time and see what happens. He has all the tools. Now Bruny can watch and learn from the bench.:laugh:

Muaahahah! Pisses me off because we wasted all the cash on a hasbeen. and now we're stuck =(

Jeremy

Originally posted by Brown 43

Trust me, I want Ramsey in there too, but....

He threw 2 int. that probably should have been 5! Three Linebackers dropped int in their HANDS! Pat's got a long way to go!

yeah, no kidding...i'm for ramsey, much better than brunell, but some of those throws were pretty questionable....i love how people on this site are just totally ignoring those throws that hit off the hands of the cincy players.

Haha, maybe Ramsey throws too hard. If they were Brunell's wads of tissue paper that he throws, they'd have been picked for sure!

He threw 2 int. that probably should have been 5! Three Linebackers dropped int in their HANDS! Pat's got a long way to go!

It's these types of throws that had kept Gibbs from putting Ramsey in sooner. Gibbs will be looking to Ramsey to play

smarter and not try to force things.

Now was Ramsey just trying to make things happen and

throwing some questionable passes...I don't know.

A thing i'd like to point out on one throw that was high. The announcers really got on him for it and they shouldnt have. It was the throw the endzone to Coles after we faked the reverse it was just out of Coles reach, he got 1 hand on it.

But it was a high throw not b/c he missed it but b/c it had to be. The announcers must not have seen the LB in underneather coverage, if it was thrown low he would have tipped it or picked it off, he had to go high with that and hope Coles would make a play.

The INT he threw wasnt all his fault really, Coles rounded off the route where as it looked like Ramsey expected him to break hard to the outside he turned it into more of a corner route.

Agreed. We have a 50/50 at both QB & WR....

I think he was very promising. I noticed that he had fire, which is GREAT.

In addition, he seemed to have a good rapport with the rest of the offense. Even on bad passes, guys were giving him high fives and patting him on the back.

I like what he brings. He'll be able to play smarter when he starts a game at 0-0 instead of 0-17.

For seem reason I feel good about next week with Ramsey. I think we can establish a running game and make the Eagles pay on playaction.

Originally posted by Skins26

The INT he threw wasnt all his fault really, Coles rounded off the route where as it looked like Ramsey expected him to break hard to the outside he turned it into more of a corner route.

Don't forget the other 2-3-4 potential INT's that were dropped by the Bengals. Ramsey may have potential, but that's all he has right now. His play showed some signs of good things, but also showed signs of bad things he still hasn't improved upon. This is his chance to show he can do it and he better do something or we're back to square one at the QB situation again.

Nick

Archived