Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season satisfaction?

fish

I'm content and happy with where we are at this point.

Now most of this might have been discussed extensively, but I've been out of the net for awhile, but the way things are working out might not be perfect but they're OK with me.

Do you realize that we're 3 bad calls away from being 5-3? The two touchdowns in the Cowpuke game and the Green Bay call. Considering we had what.....? 7 turnovers against the Giants and were still in it at the end?!! Things could be worse, just look to last year.

What we have now is a team that refuses to lay down. We have a team that plays consistant, tough D. We have a team that STs seem to be coming around. We have a team that seems to be able to run the ball. We have a professional coaching staff that is looking to build a team identity, team structure and team foundation that will serve us well in the future and that we can all be proud of even if it costs us a game here today.

We have an owner that is taking notes and learning some lessons from one of the BEST coaches / coaching staffs EVER!

It's a marathon boys NOT a sprint. It's a whole season, not just 6-7 games. Let's wait and see how we're doing in December. I think we'll be happy with the state of the team then and in the next few years.

BOTTOMLINE: In Gibbs I TRUST!

I also see progress this year.

The defense has really stepped up. I can only think how good it will be next year when we add true talent on the D-line and Lavar is playing full time. Also ST will have been in the system for a year. He will be scary good.

The offense. I see the potential it has. The o-line is relatively young and has gotten better and better each week at run blocking. Clinton Portis is a superstar and has the heart of a lion.

The WR's I have actually been happy with. I hope Coles gets the offseason surgery and fixes his foot once and for all. Taylor Jacobs has shown a lot of improvement, and Rod is well Rod, but I think he can thrive in this system.

Cooley is going to be very solid for us at H-Back. Robert Royal has shown he actually does have some ability blocking and catching, and running after the catch (remember 4th and 20 against the Pack)

The special teams has improved also as the season has gone along, with the Lions game being one of the best special teams performances the Redskins have had in years.

Which leaves us to the QB. Clearly Brunell is not a solution past this year. And we as fans want to see what Ramsey has. Maybe just by being on the bench Ramsey has already improved, kind of like Mark Rypien did just sitting on the bench. Who knows?

But if we have solid, if not spectacular QB play next year, we are going to be a force to be reckoned with

Archived