Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins interested in Freeman??

OrangeSkin

While he'd be an upgrade over Westy, not too sure if I'd want him or not. Depends on his contract (equal to Green's maybe) and if he can finally clear out the cobwebs in his head. He's also 29. Could he turn it around if SS's offense works like it should? Yes. Can we afford a $3 million gamble? Not so sure on that one...

I'm with Navy. Pass.

We have a log jam at WR as is, plus Spurrier is dead set on drafting a WR at some point in thsi draft. Addign Westy or Freeman woudl mean that someone will go, Mccants? Skaggs? Thompson? I wanna see these guys develop, especially after positive comments from Spurrier, and with Freeman's addition, one or two of them woudl go.

If the Skins are going to sign a veteran receiver let it be Wilie Jackson or Hilliard in a deal because they are familiar with Spurrier and will take little time to get acclimated to the system here in DC.

They also don't come with the prima donna baggage that Freeman does.

Freeman is a guy who has become a #2 receiver over time due to injuries and some lost speed, but still acts as if he is the same player he was in 1996-99 when he was a pro bowler.

We don't need that kind of declining player here.

Look at Jackson. His best season was LAST year. He is a player on the rise at 29.

If we are looking to make a move let's move in that direction . :)

thanks, Brave. I was wondering what that queasy feeling in my stomach was. At first, I thought it was lunch but now I know it was the thought of Freeman pulling another Stubblefield and parading around in a Redskins uniform doing not much of anything except getting

paid :(

Archived