Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA and NHL playoffs

Romo

Since its the off season and not much really going on until draft day I figured hey why not talk about the NHL and NBA who are about to start their playoffs.

First off i have a heavy bias in regard to the NHL. The Leafs need to win the Cup this year. It would be so perfect. Canada wins the Gold and the Leafs win the Cup in the same year!! :D (followed by a Skins Super bowl in early '03---best year and a month EVER)

I can't see Detroit win because one of my best friends is a Detroit fan and wouldnt let me hear the end of it. I HATE philly because Bobby Clarke is :jerkoff: Colorado is good but they've won it to recently. Boston had a good year. New Jersey is always a threat. San Jose Sharks?? nah...no goalie. Montreal Canadians as the REALLY dark horse.

NBA....please no more Lakers. I like Shaq for some reason but Kobe well...i just cant warm up to him. At least Shaq seems to have a sense of humour. I like the Mavs cause they have Steve Nash. The Kings had a great year. Duncan has carried San Antonio, not sure he can keep doing it. In the East everyone sucks. Ben Wallace is really cool but not sure Detroit is gonna do much. I think Boston has a really good shot at winning if Pierce and Walker can take over. Kidd and NJ should do well but who knows, the curse of the Nets! It would be nice to see the Vince-less Raptors do well just to spite Vince who is getting on my nerves. Whoever comes out of the west will win in the end though.

I am not interested in the NBA Playoffs at all.

As for the NHL, I love the battle for Lord Stanley’s Cup The NHL Playoffs are great and I love to watch the Games when they go into OT! I don’t care what anyone says OT in the NHL, especially in the Playoffs ROCK!!!!!

I remember the 1998 Eastern Conference Finals between my the Buffalo Sabers and my Beloved Washington Capitals. It was one of the greatest NHL Playoff Series I have seen, 3 OT Games. In OT in Game 6 the Caps were trying to put the series away and I think every time I saw a shot on goal my heart jumped. Finally Joey Juneau went around Dominic Hasek and hit the puck in the net for the series clinching goal. I did not see the puck go in the net until the replay but the light go off and the Caps players starting to celebrate. I just remember yelling “OH MY GOD THE CAPS ARE GOING TO THE STANLEY CUP” :cheers:

Do you smell a first round upset of Montreal beating Boston, the Habs are on a hot streak and it is not uncommon in the NHL Playoffs for a 8 cede to beat a 1 cede?

I love playoff overtime games. I still remember that one between the Islanders and i think it was the Caps that went to 3 or 4 OTs back in something like 1987. I remember in Toronto's run in 1993 we had at least 2 double OTs and 1 triple OTs.

I have a feeling Montreal could pull the upset. They have a goalie, Theodore, who can steal a series. The Habs always seem to win in the playoffs when they are not supposed to.

Note about OT games. My university won the national title this year in 4 OTs. Back in high school I coached a team of 11-12 year olds in hockey. These guys gave their parents heart attacks, so many multiple overtime games. One tournament we had a game at 9am we needed to win. We won 10 mins into overtime. Semi-Finals at 1pm. Down by 2 going to the 3rd we tie it and take it to Triple OT before winning it. (thats 3+1, 3+3, periods played so far). Finals were are 7pm that night. Somehow they had the energy to win it, luckily no overtime. 13 periods of hockey in one day.

I am not too passionate about either, but I do get sucked into watching the NHL playoffs once in a while (if there's nothing else on), and I may even watch a game of the NBA Finals. Hell, last year I was rooting so hard for the Sixers, I thought I'd become a fan. I guess I haven't.

I'm a Kings fan , and you can imagine how i feel right about now ....I'm estatic ....I love my Kings , and we are finally Division Champs ...for the first time ever ...

the only question is????

Will Webber step up in the playoffs , and become the undisputed leader of this team ?????.....Or will he make way for a Super star in Peja ....

Man i can't wait for the playoffs

Both the NBA and NHL playoffs are way too long, especially the NHL. Noone should be playing a winter sport in June.

Too many teams get in. The regular seasons are long enough as it is. After 82 games, 7 game series' get tedious, and too many lower seeded teams get to the finals, only to get crushed (such as our Caps.)

Sorry, I'll take the NFL playoffs every time.

• 2 weeks later...

The East has been full of upsets. #1 and 2 feel (Boston and Philly) and the Carolina (#3) beating NJ (#6) is still and upset in my book. Tor-NY are pretty evenly matched so at this point neither winning would be an upset.

Originally posted by baralufficus

Will Webber step up in the playoffs , and become the undisputed leader of this team ?????.....Or will he make way for a Super star in Peja ....

Chris Webber never steps up. Whenever the game's on the line he either turns the ball over, clanks shots of the front rim, settles for mid-range jump shots or simply doesn't show up at all...

They's be hard pressed to get out of the 2nd round.

Archived