Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A plea to Snyder, Cerrato, anyone with some pull...

RedskinLifer

As I wrote in this weeks column - which I hope you'll read and enjoy - we simply must resign Fred Smoot. Thie guy is the heart and soul of not just the defense, but the team.

Please, sign him first this offseason. If we're going to build continuity, there's no better place to start than with Smooty.

Originally posted by Mittens

I will second that suggestion. Gibbs has already said they feel Smoot is a true Redskin and will do their best to resign him.

You know, I'm not concerned with how high his salary will be. We need guys like him around. He brings so many intangibles that you don't see on the field. A guy like Smoot keeps everyone else around him loose. He's also a great example of someone who plays no matter what, and that is invaluable these days.

I'd love to see #21 up there in the pantheon of great Redskin corners with #28 when it's all said and done. There are few true Redskins on this roster, and Smoot is definately at the top of the list.

I'd pay him myself if I could.

Originally posted by RedskinLifer

You know, I'm not concerned with how high his salary will be. We need guys like him around. He brings so many intangibles that you don't see on the field. A guy like Smoot keeps everyone else around him loose. He's also a great example of someone who plays no matter what, and that is invaluable these days.

I'd love to see #21 up there in the pantheon of great Redskin corners with #28 when it's all said and done. There are few true Redskins on this roster, and Smoot is definately at the top of the list.

I'd pay him myself if I could.

Smoot is definately playing lights out this year and with as much or more heart than anybody else on the roster. I too agree, he must be resigned and he will be.

Originally posted by DG-Skinsmann

They should resign him.But don't over pay for him. This is a trend we must break. Paying too much for players kills us for years to come.:2cents:

Don't shoot me here. (I like smooty) but I think that he will look to fill his pockets. Can you blame him?

I would like him to become the next Mr. Redskin, but I am very worried about the kind of money he will be demanding.

Friggin Snyder has made his bed with player contracts and signing bonus money. I am hoping that Gibbs can somehow get involved in this particular contract.

I hope I am wrong about him!

Archived