Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reminder on news articles.....

Art

One of the features I REALLY like about this integrated site is the news archive which posts on the front page and links to a forum containing all old articles we, as fans, find and post here. There are a couple of methods for posting news stories but, for the record, there is one constant you need to start doing IF you want your post copied to the front page and the news archive.

All news submissions must have the Subject: field be the Article headline. The first line of the post must be a link to the actual article. Then, the whole article needs to be cut and pasted. If those three steps are followed, whether you post it on the main board, or whether you submit news from the link on the front page, we will be able to quickly put your find on the front page and in the archive.

If you don't do these steps, I will do it myself and get all the credit. And, Die Hard has promised 75 virgins for the most newsworthy poster on the board at the end of the year. There's no need to read further.

Small print: No virgins are actually available. Whether none can be found, or this is just fabricated humor is not up for debate. Thanks.

I haven't watched SNL since "Little Cocolate Donuts" breakfast of champions :). Well, ok, a little with Eddie Murphy too. I don't bogart SNL for my cheesy lines. I just take the easiest lines and flow with them. I mean, 75 virgins is bound to get someone's attention :).

A couple questions on news submissions...well, one actually, but you get the picture.

Does the article have to deal exclusivley with the Redskins, or can it be about something that vaguely relates to the Redskins? i.e. would an article on draft prospects be acceptable?

I think for the purposes of sanity, any article on the front page must have something to do with the Redskins. For example, the Lelie article from Chris that I moved there. I did so because it had a Redskin mention.

My view of the "news" archive and front page scroll is that the article MUST have a Redskins mention, quote, tidbit, etc., to qualify. Now, all other articles, like Harrington likes trip to Detroit, or whatever, should still be posted, maybe even in the same format, and we can discuss it on this board, as with all items.

But, generally, I believe for an article to hit the front and be saved in the specific news archive we'll use, it will require some Redskin bit of information. But, I reserve the right to change my mind :).

How does Die-Hard find the time to keep a stable of virgins to pass out as he sees fit? With all the time and energy going into this site I would have thought it impossible.

Is it that he's independently wealthy and would have no problem rounding them up when necessary?

These are the questions that torture me so. :)

Well, that's the kicker there you see. With how much time Die Hard puts into this site, the unfortunate thing is that he is one of the provided 75 virgins. Kind of bitters the sweet taste of the other 74, but, who am I to judge :).

Archived