Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring Back Instant Replay

illone

I am a big proponent of bringing back instant replay after seeing all the bad calls of late. This challenge flag system is looking worse and worse as time goes on. I think it is stupid to make coaches and teams risk their own timeouts as a "checks and balances" system for the refs.

During college football yesterday the announcers mentioned that the refs have gotten more calls right in COLLEGE BALL this year than in the NFL!!!! (The Big Ten Conference utilizes an instant replay system) That is just embarrasing. For someone to even SUGGEST that officiating in college is better than the NFL is just preposterous, but factual data? Give me a break.

The current NFL needs to do something to keep these refs in check and bottom line to get more calls right.

Bringing back instant replay with a time limit would be the right thing to do. Either that or give each coach more flags to use and don't tax teams with losing a timeout just cuz the refs got it right:rolleyes: If I remember correctly, the only reason they got rid of it to begin with was because of how much time refs were taking to review the play.

Challenge flag = STUPID!!

Archived