Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone here use Anonymizer on the web? I have a question.........

TC4

Do the Redsox take it to game 7?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Redsox take it to game 7?

• Yes
    • No

I just added Anonymizer the other day and I was wondering about something/

I know that it will show your IP address as one for their site out in Califronia, but my qusetion is, can you set the settings so that you will not show any IP address at all?

Originally posted by Thiebear

Hacker...

Not at all dude, I wanna KEEP hackers and others away

Besides, if I was a hacker, I would have already hacked into the Cowboys message board so that anyone who logged on would hear "Hail To The Redskins" playing when they did :D

Are you trying to hide or something TC? Is big brother after you? Are government agents even now outside your house hiding in your bushes?

Seriously, If I am correct, you can of course hide your origin, but the Internet routers will not route without a valid IP address. Anonymizer just routes your traffic thru them so it appears it came from them and hides all your information or all routing information including your IP address.

You have to have a valid IP address to route traffic through the big Internet routers all the ISP's and Governments use. Using BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) the routers talk to each other and determine suitable routes for all traffic. They will dump invalid traffic or invalid IP addresses.

For example, the private IP addresses 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1 you see inside your company or on your home network are actually valid IP addresses. All the ISP routers simply don't recognize the addresses and dump them and don't route the traffic.

Additionally, all IP addresses are assigned to ISP's and Governments. Who has what range of addresses is tracked. Once I determine what the IP address is I can go to various sites to determine who owns the range of IP addresses. For example Cox uses 68.100.0.0 or something close to that. Once I determine that Cox owns and administers the IP addresses I have to go to them to determine who they assigned that IP address to on that particular date and time and who owns the account.

One last thing, ISP's dont' keep the above information on their servers for vary long. Typically, it varies from 7 to 30 days on average. It costs the ISP's money to log all the information so they just don't keep that long.

Archived