Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I guess Darnerian couldn't...

Dirk Diggler

more likely his agent was trying to hold the Skins up for a shorter deal or more dollars and Marty told McCants his potential roster spot was in jeopardy if he carried on with that strategy.

#5 picks have no leverage at all in the present system. McCants is going to get close to the $209K minimum for rookies and that's that.

Even highly rated players like Shaun Rogers that would have gone #1 if not for injury are going to have to accept a lot less money than they were counting on.

For an unheralded player from a small school, McCants would be wise to concentrate on making the team and worrying about the dollars after he has accomplished that goal.smile.gif

I tend to believe Danerian heard that tone in Coach Marty's voice or thought about the fact that if a Larry Centers could be cut loose a fifth rounder would be an afterthought

------------------

Yes I'm paid to think and I need a raise

Yeah, considering he's the #4 WR on the roster, at best, he'd better get serious about his value to this (or any other) team.

------------------

"Loosen up, Sandy baby. You're just too damn tight!" - John Riggins to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

Archived