Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mid-Atlantic Sports Column on Redskins

RedskinLifer

I'm the one that writes them. I am always hesitant to post them, though I've put the last three on here. I don't want to seem self-serving, so I sometimes don't post them.

There are so many Pasquarelli's in the world, I thought that people here might enjoy reading something from our side of the aisle.

I'm not a frequent poster, and I don't go to any of the other boards, so I don't know if this kind of thng is taboo or not.

Originally posted by RedskinLifer

I'm the one that writes them. I am always hesitant to post them, though I've put the last three on here. I don't want to seem self-serving, so I sometimes don't post them.

There are so many Pasquarelli's in the world, I thought that people here might enjoy reading something from our side of the aisle.

I'm not a frequent poster, and I don't go to any of the other boards, so I don't know if this kind of thng is taboo or not.

Good job :cheers:

I don’t know from taboo but it’s a good read nonetheless.

If the mods/admin have an issue im sure they’d let you know. They aren’t shy about things like that :D

I'm all with him on Betts. That guy just pisses me off. He has had some good runs here, but he's not a good runner. People compare him to Stephen Davis but that couldnt be more false, Betts does not run with any power, have you ever seen him carry defenders or run someone over? No. Because he is a start/stop runner that cant run downhill very well and doesnt run with a low pad level.

Not to mention that he cant pick up a blitz and the only thing that impresses me about him are his hands. Sultan should be the third down back.

Betts played in 1 preseason game and had about 2 good runs to make this team, thats about the amount of work he does and just b/c he appears talented he makes it. Sultan McCullough probably had like 80 carries throughout the preseason and worked his ass off and he got cut, and why!?!? Because Ladell Betts got drafted in the second round and there are rumors that he might be talented. God forbid he go out there and prove it on the field. Not on just 1 or 2 carries but on an entire workload, or blitz pickup.

Stacey Mack is a good idea, how does he not have a job?

This article is, with all due respect, crap, besides the brief sentence about continuity, which was more of a disclaimer than a point, because the rest of his article completely contraidicts that statement.

A team is not one or two players; it is the WHOLE TEAM. Bringing in this person or that person, changing this receiver for that, is garbage.

Leave it the way that it is. We have changed coach after coach, coordinator after coordinator, player after player. Just let this team play it out, and watch what happens.

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

This article is, with all due respect, crap, besides the brief sentence about continuity, which was more of a disclaimer than a point, because the rest of his article completely contraidicts that statement.

A team is not one or two players; it is the WHOLE TEAM. Bringing in this person or that person, changing this receiver for that, is garbage.

Leave it the way that it is. We have changed coach after coach, coordinator after coordinator, player after player. Just let this team play it out, and watch what happens.

Thanks to all the others for the kind words.

As for the quoted statement, I don't mind that people don't agree with me all the time. We are all hoping for the same turnaround, so arguing over the method by which we get there isn't insulting.

I said that we needed to build continuity, and that we shouldn't abandon the whole roster, and I think that point was lost on you.

You can't cut every guy that misses a block, or clip guys weekly, but Betts would be a good example for others to always play as well as they can.

We need a big back, and Betts isn't that, or hasn't been up to this point. If not Mack, then someone else similar. If Rock could do it, then we should activate him and deactivate Betts.

Bottom line on Betts; he's not materialized.

Archived