Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just bring back the damn Shotgun Formation!

Dead Money

I think the title says it all.

I was not a fan of SOS, but the shotgun is a necessary formation and should be utilized in the 3rd and long situations that we seem faced with every series.

If Gibbs is the king of all adjustments, he will realize that the speed of DEs and multiple blitz packages has forced most teams to adopt a shotgun formation.

Hell, everybody knows when we are going to pass anyway right? I have not once not know that the ball was going to be run so why the act? Because Gibbs didn't like it when he first became a head coach?

Because the shotgun had horrible problems the first time he tried it.. Bullshizzle...

Just bring it back already, and the season is over as far as all the high expectations that everybody put on him. We all know it. Maybe its about time that Patrick was given the ball to see where he's at???

I've been saying this since week 1: we must bring back the shutgun, especially with a guy like Brunell, it would give him time to make his reads, and he would get a better view of the defense. I mean, this guy drops back like he's stuck in mollases. Gibbs has got to make changes on offense, something, anything, he's in danger of losing this team

When I was a kid, I remembered hearing Theismann never used the shotgun. Then I remember seeing it once or maybe twice during the '85 season and a huge deal was made about it by the commentators. Guess it's more the Gibbs thing than a Theismann thing. We're probably not likely to see it, but I can see wholesale changes in other areas happening.

Nick

Archived