Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Stats To Keep U Pumped!

Bozman777

I did a little research and I hope history repeats itself. In 1981 the Redskins under Gibbs averaged 13 pts a game in his first 7 games. The following 9 games the Redskins averaged 26 pts a game. In 1982 the Redskins averaged 33.8 pts a game. Thats 541 points in 16 games. I know we are all ready to win, but this is the NFL and we have to learn to win all over again. I for one cant wait for Sunday night. Somebody is going to tote a serious A$$ whipping when our game comes togethere. Let's hope it's this weekend! Keep the Faith! Boz

Bugel was talking about that big chance after they went 0-5 they stayed in the office all week and completely changed the offense to the singleback offense.

They asked if that might have to happen again and he said it very well could.

So even if this offense is not right for these players, the good thing is that we will just change.

The great thing about Gibbs is that he is so versatile, since he knows how to pound the ball but since he also came from the Air Coryell he knows how to pass too. So I dont know what kind of new offense would be created, but whatever it is they have the knowledge to do it.

Originally posted by Triptronic

They have to find a way to get the running game going. Everything hinges on the running game.

I'd like to see Betts get a chance to spark something.

Agreed. I think we probably need to spell Portis a bit more and let Betts get a few more touches. That may help solve the fumble problem he’s been having.

In the first half when we ran the counter one time, the blocking was perfect and we gained 10 yards.

If we could get more consistant with that blocking and you do that 3 times in a game, at least one of those 3 times Portis is going to get much much more than 10 yards.

Agreed, try giving Betts some carries. Just because Portis is making 50 million doesn't mean he's our only back. When Portis fumbled against the G-men the second time Betts got in the game and looked good. Give Portis a breather let Betts run power o between the tackles, please.:logo:

Originally posted by Triptronic

They have to find a way to get the running game going. Everything hinges on the running game.

I'd like to see Betts get a chance to spark something.

while i agree the running game is important, how can you run the ball effectively when you dont have a passing attack? the pats sure pass a lot in that offense and they are the #1 team in the nfl, its called cohesiveness from playing together for a period of time, and the redskins are learning a whole new system again...while all of us want to see the skins win now that just aint gonna happen at the time....let's sit back, relax and let Mr Gibbs do what he does best, and thats coach.

Archived