Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor getting better or worse?

SkinsNumberOne

Originally posted by skins4eva

Those announcers definitely knew what they were talking about---i refuse to acknowledge that Kenny albert and his bizzaro side kick qualify as announcers

Yeah on the one open field tackle they said he "missed" he actually did his job keeping the play inside, Marshall just got juked out of his shoes. He just needs to learn the system and the nfl better. I mean could you really expect him to come in as a rookie and make 10 pics like in college. But the good thing is he IS improving, going from a few tackles, to seven. Which is alot for a free-saftey.

Originally posted by frankbones

I would say at least 4 of those tackles were 10+ yards down the field.

Giving up a 30 yard pass and making the tackle is not a positive play.

Watch the replays closely. The most telling one is the Walt Harris (non)play late in the game. Taylor has been the last line in defense (no pun intended) and not the guy getting burned.

Nick

Originally posted by frankbones

I would say at least 4 of those tackles were 10+ yards down the field.

Giving up a 30 yard pass and making the tackle is not a positive play.

All seven of his tackles came after at least a 12-yard gain --

-- 13-yard pass

-- 25-yard run

-- 12-yard pass

-- 16-yard pass

-- 14-yard run

-- 23-yard pass

-- 33-yard pass

Is he the force he was at Miami? Not yet, and maybe he never will be that kind of terror in the pro ranks. But it's almost certain that he'll improve, and one can see him flying around trying to stick people on almost every play, which is encouraging. He wraps-and-rips well, and I like that he appeared to be getting a little chippy with some of the Browns. A little attitude back there is probably a plus. He is in the process of getting better.

I reviewed the game and came to realize that Sean Taylor was out of position the entire game. He was abused in the 2nd half.

1. On the Browns 1st TD pass play when Garica was blitz by both Washington and Taylor and the WR was wide open for a long pass. One of those two should NOT have been there and I would assume by examining the play, that Taylor was NOT supposed to blitz.

2. When Smoot caused a fumble, Taylor had run out of bounds. The ball bounced around next to the sidelines and Taylor ALMOST jumped on the ball!!!!! He HAS TO know that he being out of bounds, CANNOT be the first to touch the ball. The Browns would have retained position. THANK GOD, Pierce beat him to it by a half a step.

3. When Suggs ripped off a 24 yard run, he and the linebacker were juked out of their socks. Taylor MUST know a gang tackling technique called Triangular Tackling. He ran right up behind the linebacker that took the out route, Taylor should have taken the cut-back lane.

4. On many defensive and special teams plays, he wouldn't wrap up when tackling. But instead, go for the knock out blow and would end up just bouncing off the ball carrier, resulting in a missed tackle.

There were lots more examples. But I think we get the idea here. Is Taylor just STUPID? He just does not seem to be getting it. I am willing to let a lot of this slide because he is a Rookie. Every Rookie struggles their first year in the NFL. But some of these plays just seems a complete lack of football awareness and it has me concerned.

Archived