Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What good is a damn Dish ?

Mickalino

true enough....but i live with the cable robber barrons in chesapeake va......they have little regard for the consumer....a year ago they threatened to keep the skins off the airwaves in order to bury the broadcast in a little used channel.....more directly, you have no recourse when these %^%^%&^*^*^ decide to raise their rates $1 & $2 at a time (quite frequently, i might add). btw, most cable companies get their feeds from satellite!!!!!

Guest Trevor

Hmmm, Mick you must have a weak signal to begin with. Mine's at 98 and it never fades, only in extreme weather. You should try making some adjustments to get a stronger signal.

Also, your wrong about cable dying out in the bad weather, if you have digital cable it dies out in storms way more often then the dish does.

Amazing, isn't it?

It wasn't that long ago that a bunch of us would huddle around the 9" black & white in our dorm room to catch the Skins; bending the coat-hanger antenna this way and that, wrapping part of it with tin foil, taking turns pressing part of it between thumb and forefinger, not being able to even see the ball half the time ... and still gettin' off big time.

Today, I'm dying 'cause I can't spring for the 50" HDTV rig with surround-sound this year ... or NFL Ticketm, so I don't have to watch the crap second game the local networks always throws at us.

The grass is always greener on the other side, I suppose, but I for one haven't forgotten how great it is to be able to use those stupid coat hangers for what they were intended.

I keep one around for emergencies, of course ... in case the cable goes out. smile.gif

Heavy rains and thunderstorms do disrupt cable. Cox cable is still better than comcast IMHO then again cost of living in tidewater is lower the metro DC so I shouldnt compain that much about the high price up here compared to down in Va Beach.

But watching satellite TV at my buds house you have to love the sharp picture especially when a show is displayed in HDTV

------------------

Yes I'm paid to think and I need a raise

My cable company went digital a year ago, and from my persepctive things got worse.

Now I get the picture deforming into square blocks every once in a while, or the image/sound/both freezing, the almost 5 second delay between channels when you're surfing, and the ubiquitous "This channel is currently unavailable, it will return shortly".

What's galling is the never ending cable company commercials telling me how terrible satellite is, and all the problems occuring constantly with satellite, and it not all it's "dished" up to be (cute, huh?).

Archived