Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I was at the Game!

afparent

First off, I would like to say it was an awesome except we lost.

Anyway, I got on the shuttle bus to the stadium and was interviewed by the Washington Post about the metro and shuttle bus. Hopefully, I will be in the paper tomorrow.

Got to the stadium at 6:30. Gates were not open yet, but the parking lot looked full and there was a huge line to get into the stadium. I went over to the player's entrance and saw Boomer Esiason, Mike Wilbon, Sean Taylor, L. Coles, A. Pierce, Ray Brown and a few others.

Once inside the stadium all I can say was it was ELECTRIC in the corridors. I went down to where ESPN was and watched that for a while. Jerry Jones did something real quick with a TV station out of Dallas. Saw Jansen and Channel 7.

As far as the crowd, there were times, where the place was just totally rocking...I mean absolutely rocking. There was no "we want dallas", but we got into Let's Go Redskins once and it was pretty good. No wave, at least on the lower level.

As far as the game went, there were times, where I was second guessing Gibbs playcalling. I wanted Brunell out of there. At times, he looked awful. I will have to check the highlights to offer any more insight.

One more thing: TOO MANY COWBOYS FANS!

Originally posted by afparent

One more thing: TOO MANY COWBOYS FANS!

Yeah! And those fools were arguing that all the calls were going in the Skins' favor!! :doh: :doh: :rolleyes:

On a pretty unrelated topic, I talked to this girl who was a puke fan, and she said her favorite QB was this guy was on the Pukes who won superbowls with them, but she forgot the guy's number and name. Now that's a true fan.

Originally posted by ramseyskins

On a pretty unrelated topic, I talked to this girl who was a puke fan, and she said her favorite QB was this guy was on the Pukes who won superbowls with them, but she forgot the guy's number and name. Now that's a true fan.

No, that's just a TYPICAL Cowboys fan :rolleyes:

I must say, watching from home, that after the Redskins scored their first TD it was louder than I ever recall hearing FedEx for a regular season game, and at one point when they were showing the play clock in a little window inset in the screen, it was bouncing around because the stadium was rocking so much! Kudos to the fans, with more to cheer about that place will become a madhouse and difficult for opponents.

Archived