Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS and supposed Yellow Cake Controversy

stevenaa

Originally posted by Cskin

They'll keep rolling these stories off the conveyor belt until one of them sticks.

Do whatever it takes, including lying and manufacturing evidence, to win at any cost. <------DNC Talking Point #13

Cskin, why does your judgement of "lying and manufacturing evidence" not also apply to Mr. Bush and his advisers regarding intel used to justify the Iraqi war?

I happen to believe neither one lied, they both allowed their preconceptions and desire for what they wanted to be true to cloud their judgement. But your standards appear inconsistently applied.

Originally posted by JimboDaMan

Cskin, why does your judgement of "lying and manufacturing evidence" not also apply to Mr. Bush and his advisers regarding intel used to justify the Iraqi war?

I happen to believe neither one lied, they both allowed their preconceptions and desire for what they wanted to be true to cloud their judgement. But your standards appear inconsistently applied.

The difference being the facts seem to say that the 16 words in the Presidents speech was accurate... Sooooooooo, Lying is a bit of a strong word wouldnt you think?

"Lie" implies someone knew ahead of time that something was false and stated it as fact anyway.

There are plenty of other respected intelligence sources - more respected than the bomb-throwers - that backed up the link.

Whether something turns out to be right or wrong has no bearing on whether something is a lie or not. One has to prove knowlege aforethought to claim a lie - and this has never - repeat never - been done as it pertains to the yellow cake on the one hand or the whole WMD in general.

I'd suggest a different tack on this. Focus on mistaken judgement for sure - but lying on any of this doesnt pass the sniff test since there was overwhelming support on all these points from our new enemies - including the French.

Archived