Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help...........

rayprils

It is real close to FEDEX Field. Maybe 2 or 3 miles on the Beltway. As far as Reagan National, kind of out of the way. Reagan National is in Virginia, right outside D.C. You would have to go through D.C. to get to Lanham. 395 to 295 will get you there. I will put it to you this way so I won't offend anyone. There are a lot better places to stay than Lanham MD. I grew up a few miles away!

Yeah ... a good part of Lanham is a rough neighborhood ....

Are you staying in a hotel in that area? If so, what hotel?

Reagan National Airport isn't too far away from the stadium. It is right on the outskirts of DC and with the right driving route you can get there in no time (well ... not really no time ... but quicker than other ways).

Originally posted by rayprils

afparent,

Thank you. I have not made reservations but, I'm trying to today. I would like to stay in a good area that will be close to airport and the stadium.

Ok, these are my suggestions. You see FEDEX Field is in PG County. There are nice places in PG County but unless you know where you are going it is too much of a risk. Around Reagan National, you have Pentagon City and Crystal City, both are nice areas. I know the NBA players stay at Pentagon City when they play the Wizards so it is pretty nice.

This is a tough one because unless you know the area you could end up in the wrong place. FEDEX Field is on what we call the Beltway. If you plan on driving (unless you know some back routes), you have to plan your trip around the Beltway. Now, there is a couple of hotels right off the Beltway that are near the stadium, but once again, unless you know the area, it could be a risk. The Redskins use to stay at a hotel off of the Beltway in Greenbelt. Man, if I knew the name, you might be able to get a room there. that is about a 10-15 minute ride to the stadium.

Stay in the Greenbelt Marriott in Greenbelt, MD. Crystal City and Alexandria are in Virginia and too far from FedEx Field. You'll get stuck in traffic going to the game for sure. The Greenbelt Marriott is in a business park , so good neighborhood and CLOSE to FedEx. (About 20 minute drive or cab ride, tops.) Leave for the game by 11:30 am to make sure you don't get hung up in traffic.

Take MY advice.

Ummm.. anybody think about sending this guy via the metro?

We always stay with my mom when we come into town, use to be Alexandria, now Gainsville, but have always found the metro the best way to and from the games. Worth the $10 round trip bus fee to not have to deal with traffic at all and for someone from out of town, not getting lost in the "95 mayhem" would make a lot of sense.

Regan National has a metro stop right at the airport, and several hotels are within walking distance to a stop. The money spent on the metro fares would still end up less then a car rental for a weekend. Plus you can pick a hotel in an area worth visiting instead of being close to the stadium.

Stay at the Holiday inn, Old Town Alexandria. Stayed there in early July, and highly recomend it. It's like 5.2 miles to the airport. Nice hotel, good food, and Old town is a pretty cool place to hang out.

Don't know about the metro to the stadium, but I think it comes within a few blocks of the stadium, and the hotel offers shuttle service to the metro station. You could get away without a car rental if you so choose.

Is alexandria a good area?? This place looks like it would do for me if it's close to the airport and 30-45 to the stadium. Is it a good area???

alexandria does have some really nice areas. Some of Alexandria is right on the water and is real nice.

skins0128,

Thank you. Can you recommend a different area that would be close to the airport and the stadium??? Also a good area. Thank you.

Arlington (Crystal City) Holiday Inn That's right there at National as well as a short ride to the Stadium from there!

Oh ya, If you haven't flown into Reagan recently, you have to stay seated from the 30 minute out mark for security reasons. Having to take a wizz at the wrong time could get the plane turned away from DC, and every passanger questioned once on the ground.

:cheers:

I have to second the suggestion of staying in Old Town Alexandria. The Old Town Holiday Inn is a nice place to stay and is in the heart of Old Town. It's just a few blocks to the waterfront and you can go in either direction if you're looking for some night life.

Crystal City is dead on the weekends and the only thing Pentagon City has going for it is the Mall.

You can still take the Metro to the game if you stay in Old Town and be somewhere nice and close to the Airport.

I forgot to mention. The Metro doesn't go to the stadium but they offer a shuttle bus from a couple of stations near the stadium.

I believe the stations are Cheverly, Landover and New Carrollton on the Orange lines and Addison Road on the blue line.

The blue line train stops at both the King Street Metro and the Braddock Road Metro station both of which servce Old Town Alexandria.

I think you can go to Redskins.com and get information on the shuttle buses.

Here it is. This is from their site.

Public Transportation Schedule

Want to avoid the hassle of driving? Then hop on the Metro. Just take the Orange Line to the Landover Metro station or the Blue Line to the Addison Road Metro station. From these stations, you can take a shuttle bus directly to FedExField. Buses travel to and from the stadium approximately every 15 minutes. During regular season games, buses begin their service two hours before gametime and the last bus after the game departs Lot B2 two hours following the game. For Monday night games, the shuttle service runs from 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. A roundtrip bus fare costs $5.00; however, this price is subject to change without notice.

Archived