Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Conflict in interest (aka my day in court)

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Well today I finally got my day in court. Basically 3 years ago I was involved in a hit and run accident with a drunk driver near INOVA Fairfax Hospital.

We were heading Eastbound on Gallows in a Chevy Blazer and at the intersection of Gallows and 495 we were nailed by a drunk driver who had ran a red light. Our vehicle flipped over, he took off and luckliy I only ended up with a broken arm.

Well nearly 3 years later I finally got this thing to arbitration. Basically its an agreement by both sides to have a high low number (an award range. For example the plantiff would get no less then 25k but no more then 100k). The arbitrator based on the facts makes a judgement.

Well the arbitrator turns out to be the father of a girl I went to high school and college with and coached at my high school. Everyone was pretty confident there would be a conflict of interest although he only knew me by my face.

So he had to recluse himself and yup we set another date and found another arbitrator. What are the odds in Fairfax County with all the trial lawyers around here?

My day in court will have to wait 10 more days.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Yeah horrible ending like most of my stories. But honestly what are the odds that the arbitrator knows me and I went to both HS and college with his daughter and we were in the same major

Archived