Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The CFL vs. the NFL

Ænima

Ok in another board I am arguing with this CFL fan and I was wondering if anybody else agrees with him because this is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

"CFL players are as talented as NFL players don't kid yourself. Just because you don't get paid millions of dollars and meet a certain height and weight requirement it doesn't mean that you're a weak football player. There are lots of ex NFL players that are playing up here and are showing what they can do and lots don't have very nice things to say about the NFL. My team's Quarterback Ricky Ray is trying the NFL (for the big payday) this year and is trying to land the backup job for the Jets. (He's good enough to start on any NFL team) But apparently the Jets management is concerned about his lack of NFL experience. The guy just won the ****ing Grey Cup last year and they're ****ing about experience."

I especially like the part about Ricky Ray being able to start on any NFL team. :laugh:

I forgot who Ricky Ray even is!!

The best player ever BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL AND SINCE his retirement was Warren Moon. The CFL has no where near the quality players the NFL does. Their talent is OK but their brand of football is weird. Besides whoever Ricky Ray is couldn't start for the Bears if his competition was Danny Wureffel, Shane Matthews, or Rex Grossman.

fuhgetta bout it...if the CFL were all that, you'd have guys shuttling in and out of there to and from the NFL all the time. Looks like mostly a one-way flow to me. And he says the ex-NFLers don't have nice things to say about the NFL?!?

hullo?

How many ex-spouses have nice things to say about their ex? How many fired or laid-off employees have positive things to say about their previous place fo employment? And that has nothing to do with the level of skill between the two leagues, other then the observation that you don't see washed up CFLers in the NFL!

Tell your 'friend' to put down the Molson and sober up.

The fact is the CFL is a different brand of football that relies on speed and passing. The NFL is more of a "three yards and a cloud of dust." Most "fans" of the CFL find the NFL style of play to be boring. Ray probably isn't a Pro Bowler, but he'd be an adequate player in the NFL. He has plenty of experience.

OK..........

I live in Edmonton and we won the grey cup last year, so I feel very qualified to answer questions about the CFL especially considering I love the NFL and the Redskins.

The CFL is a VERY different league. As mentioned earlier it is much more of a passing league than the NFL. That being said, that is the very reason many of the CFL>NFL standouts are QB's.

Jeff Garcia, Doug Flutie, Warren Moon, Dave Dickenson, Ricky Ray etc. Given an opportunity to get reps in the NFL in GAME situations I personally feel that most CFL players could mature into solid NFL players. It is my PERSONAL beleif having watched many CFL and NFL games that it is all about timing and chances in both leagues. Keep in mind this is my opinion, but I feel it has merrit due to the numerous games I have enjoyed at both levels.

Archived