Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn Radio: John Clayton on O-gun

Lavarleap56

I don't see it happening this year either, get over it, We will not necessarily lose Gardner for nothing next year people get traded away in their final year all the time. If has a great year this year he will not get away from us for nothing trust me. Anyways O-gun will be an FA next year we aint goin' to the house this year relax...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/9347632.htm

OGUNLEYE TALKS

General manager Rick Spielman and agent Drew Rosenhaus held brief discussions Friday regarding a new contract for defensive end Adewale Ogunleye.

According to an NFL source, the Dolphins have offered Ogunleye a contract similar to the one wide receiver Chris Chambers signed this week. Chambers' five-year, $30 million deal includes $15.45 million over the first three years.

The problem from Ogunleye's perspective is that not all of the money is guaranteed. Chambers' deal includes $75,000 to be paid for an insurance policy to cover a $5 million roster bonus due in the second year of the contract if Chambers is injured in the first year.

That's similar to several deals the Dolphins have done with players such as former defensive tackle Daryl Gardener.

Some of you homers need to realize the rest of the NFL doesn't hold our scrubs in the same regard. The Phins give up last year's sack leader for ... Betts and Jacobs ...a couple of injury prone guys who haven't proven anything in the NFL. :laugh: O-Gun had more sacks than Jacobs had receptions last year. Betts has what, 600 career rushing yards?

For O-Gun, the Phins will want Samuels at the very least. A likely scenarion would be Gardner and next year's first.

It would have to be a first round pick, since we can't mix a 2nd rounder with a player, since we traded it for Cooley. That just makes the deal a little less tempting. I could part with a 2nd rounder and a player, but not a first. round pick.

Archived