Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor

Hogwash

I recently read an article in a fantasy football magazine that said that Sean Taylor is possibly the best saftey prospect ever.

Do you think that he will compare with Ronnie Lott. Do you think that he can live up to that billing??

I think he'll definately have a bigger impact than Roy Williams did for the Cowboys for sure.:logo:

two of the best safeties, Lott and Rod Woodson, came into the NFL as cornerbacks. as did pro bowlers like Merton Hanks of the 49ers.

Roy Williams great start in Dallas gives one hope that a rookie at safety can make a big difference on a defense.

I don't think there's any doubt that Sean Taylor has the potential to be one of the greatest defensive backs ever to play the game, if not the best defensive back to ever play the game.

But, to say that he will have a greater impact than Roy Williams this season, is stupid. Maybe a few years down the line, but c'mon, he's just a rook.

Originally posted by bulldog

two of the best safeties, Lott and Rod Woodson, came into the NFL as cornerbacks. as did pro bowlers like Merton Hanks of the 49ers.

Roy Williams great start in Dallas gives one hope that a rookie at safety can make a big difference on a defense.

I thought Lott played Saftey in College and was converted to Corner and then went back to saftey.

As Bulldog mentioned, Lott came in as a CB.

Had he come in as a S, the highest rated players at that position the past 25 years would be Lott, Kenny Easley and Sean Taylor. They are/were all in the same area of carrying near "perfect" grades in terms of what scouts look for.

Despite what some Cowboy fans may think, Taylor comes in carrying a significantly higher grade than Roy Williams did. Does that mean he will make an immediate impact (if not moreso) the way Williams did? Not necessarily.

Taylor is a junior, a young junior at that. And he also hasn't displayed the type of maturity you'd like to see. In the NFL it's been proven year in and year out that first round seniors tend to make the greater impact than first round juniors, regardless of where they get drafted.

Still Taylor's skills are undenialbly greater than Williams and he SHOULD become the better pro. It remains to be seen, though if he will.

Archived