Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor Press Confrence

Lavarleap56

Originally posted by TheDane

I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. I just re-listened to the entire press conference. Taylor didn't sound confrontational or overly-aggressive at all. He had emotion in his answers; that's a good thing. The only attitude came out about the Rookie Symposium issue; I would expect that.

Taylor sounded a lot more put together and ready to answer questions than when I last heard him. I'm ready for him to get into that defensive playbook, learn the schemes, and start making some plays.

After re-hearing it, I feel different. I agree with TheDane.

Originally posted by TheDane

I think this is the archived clip.

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/redskins/demand/040727redskinspress.rm&proto=rtsp&rbnkey=1

Thanks.

Just listened. I didn't hear any "attitude" what so ever. None. He was Didn't even seem very defensive about the rookie camp thing. He just already had a stance on it and made it known when asked about it. He was quick answer all the questions, but didn't do it with an attitude. He even joked a bit about Portis about puuting him at DB and with Gibbs about the loan. No attitude here people. Find something else to harp on and be negative about.

The people who said he had an attitude and are worried about him having attitudes to fans are just a bunch of suck ups. Maybe he had an attitude to you guys because if you were in his shoes you would suck up to the media and try to make everything goodie goodie. Sean just told them like it was and spoke his mind. As a matter a fact, I might would had snap on that comment about the "rookie hazing" The reporter said it as if he were trying to pick on Sean and it had nothing to do with his signing.

Just got finished listening to the press conference.

All i have to say is that Taylor is the real deal.

He was put the reporter in his place and rightfullly so.

So many times people want to make a sensational story that they forget to find out what really happened.

This time of the year the media yearns for football news and stories. Any little thing gets blown up into something that it usualy is not.

Back to his attitude, I want a safety to have a chip on his shoulder. Nothing wrong with being all business and taking it to the oppostion.

Thinking back would you really want Jack Tatum or Ronnie Lott to be the life of the party at Xmas dinner?

Both of these guys played the safety postion the way it should be.

I have a feeling Taylor is going to do the same.

Cheers,

Thomas

It doesn't seem like Taylor is going to be a talker like LaVar or Smoot. I think he'll be more like Coles -- Shows up, kicks a**, goes home.

But almost all professional athletes are well served by "playing nice" with the media. The media can really help your career if you work with them. Look at Barry Bonds - considered the greatest unpopular player of the modern era. That comes from not working with the media. Look at how well Shaq made out because the media loves Shaq. The same in every sport. In the end, Sean would be smart to talk to the media. If it's a business now - which he said it is - the media helps you sell yourself.

Archived