Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network: Washington vs. Carolina 10.3.99

Dallsux

I was at the game, so I can't be that mad about it but I tuned in this afternoon. The Panthers go up 14-0. Then the most ferocious thunderstorm of the year rolled in and out went the Sattelite signal for the next hour and something minutes. :cuss:

To make matters worse, I was taping it and the storm somehow spiked my DVD/VCR combo player so that it won't power up anymore. To top it all off, I rented 'Cold Mountain' the night before, it's due tomorrow, and it's still in the DVD deck. :doh:

I watched it, but I cannot say I enjoyed it much. I hate watching Norv Turner coach and jees our defense was bad. Plus it is amazing how good a stiffs like Westbrook and Connel can look. It makes you wonder if Norval was decent and just never had the talent.

I am glad the NFL network at least put on a game we won, but Norv still sucks with a lead. :puke:

Originally posted by Chachie

As I recall, George Siefert became a joke around the league that week for resting Biakabatuka for the entire second half. Tim had us dead to rights before that. We couldn't stop him. Nobody knew at the time why Siefert sat him down. Strange.

Hey Chachie,

Siefert was rotating running backs in and out by quarter. Biakabatuka was absolutely killing us (100+ yards in a quarter) so Siefert responded by putting small undrafted Fred Lane in the game in the next quarter.

Where are they now? The Redskins mauled Biakabatuka so bad in 2001 they ended his career. Fred Lane was murdered by his wife. And Siefert is probabaly playing shuffleboard in Miami somewhere. The lesson, as always, don't mess with them Redskins!:panthersu

What a great game. We had quite a team then... Johnson, Davis, Westbrook, Lang, Green, Bailey. We actually had a strong pass rush, those front 4, all first round picks, were dominating. I guess our only weakness on defense was our LB core, which didn't help in stopping the run. Some great Green highlights in the game as well.

I re-lived this game last night after I put the kid to bed. I remember this one as "The Biakabutuka Game". Here are my thoughts from the second time around:

1. Muhsin Mohammed has always kicked our butts! The guy was everywhere. He has some mystical power over Champ.

2. I really miss Tre. The dude was amazing in this game. Pulling and running a lead block, and just plowing through people. He would have made a great Dirtbag.

3. Sellers is a heck of a blocker. I specifically watched to see what he did in this game. He was used mostly as an H-back, and was the key to almost all of Davis' inside runs. He should make the team if he can still block like that.

4. Westbrook is such a wasted talent. With his physical skills, he should have made the ring of fame. He should have been great. Such a shame.

5. I was right about everything I've been telling my Raider fan friends about what I remember about Norv. Scary.

Originally posted by Mittens

I also found it interesting that in 98 Davis played fullback for 11 games, didn't know that.

And he did a decent job cacthing the ball out of the backfield too. Better than most would lead you to believe.

I caught it yesterday... was a good game for you all to remember.... one thing though .... about 10 minutes to go in the 4th... .. Skins punting out of their endzone and he booms one all of about 30-35 yards setting the panthers up in Skins territory.... that surely wasn't "Boooooooooooo " i heard coming from the Skins fans...... riiiiiight..... I mean, only us Eagle fans boo our own team... :cool:

..just playing....

Originally posted by The Dark Horse

I was at the game, so I can't be that mad about it but I tuned in this afternoon. The Panthers go up 14-0. Then the most ferocious thunderstorm of the year rolled in and out went the Sattelite signal for the next hour and something minutes. :cuss:

To make matters worse, I was taping it and the storm somehow spiked my DVD/VCR combo player so that it won't power up anymore. To top it all off, I rented 'Cold Mountain' the night before, it's due tomorrow, and it's still in the DVD deck. :doh:

Well, my power went out at 3:30 that day and didn't come back on for 2 hours due to storms, so I had to wait until the next day at 2 to see it

Archived