Extremeskins

Opium in Afghanistan

@DCGoldPants

As of right now who shoul be the week 1 starter  

71 members have voted

1. 1. As of right now who shoul be the week 1 starter

• Ramsey
    • Brunell

because it'll be legal and a lot of people are going to want to "try it".

So, that'll be the 1st wave of new customers. Then it'll be used for sales reps who take clients out..... kids when they hit 18. I think it'll be a wave of some bad stuff for a decade or so. Then once enough people get put in jail for driving on it, or stealing for it, etc, etc.

Then it'll calm down. maybe

i actually disagree. i think keeping it illegal increases ones chances of wanting to try it. it's the rush, the wonder, the feeling of doing something you know you aren't supposed to. we already know how to traffic, regulate, and punish those who abuse legal substances.... i don't think it would be so much of a transition. we have examples of other productive societies the allow the consumption of these drugs, we could learn from what they have done and hopefully improve it.

What are we talking about making legal?

If its heroine, I am dead against that. You just never know with it.

Mariujana is one thing, you won't OD by smoking too much pot. Heroine will kill you, even if you are careful, and it will take over your life.

You become a heroine addict you change completely. Its like you are not the same person.

And there is one thing I do know. You don't really hear of 40 year old heroine addicts because you either get off of it or you die

i just don't think you can draw lines when it comes to substances. we've got tobbaco and alcohol legal and it kills lots of people. we have weed illegal and it is not a killer and is known to have medicinal uses.

i just don't like trying to qualify what would make a legal and illegal substance. it's all or none to me. and it all gets punished the same way-- not like coke and crack.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

Good, I hope it kills lots of them for being stupid enough to try it.

Unfourtantley I do know from personal expierence it'll kill, even the brightest amongst us.

Heroine is one drug that I hope nobody curses themselves with by trying.

And I don't care how high a tax you set on it, or what prohibitive costs are placed on it, if you are an addict you will lie, steal, do whatever it takes to get it.

Even to those closest to you that care the most.

Once Karzai gets more of a grip in Afghanistan this has to be at the top of the agenda. It is also grown in the lawless areas of Pakistan along the Afghan border.

lets not bring Marijuana into this.

That would be a cash cow for the Gov't.

$20 for a box of little joints. Taxed like 70%.

we think its bad now when you see homeless drinking on corners. Imagine the little crack clouds all over the place.

If you want to make money from taxing it. Then copy the Amsterdam way........ Pot, Mushrooms, Hash, that stuff is legal. They catch you with "heavy" stuff. You're going to jail

Originally posted by Kilmer17

A person must use his/her free will at first to become addicted.

I agree. And must have uncanny arrogance to think they can beat it. Trust me I know.

I would rather just have hard drugs such as heroine, crack and cocaine, as hard as possible to find for first time use.

Smoking up is one thing, once you step into the realm of these hard drugs, its a whole different story that often leads to jail time or death

the regulation of opium in afghnistan is never going to work unless you threaten to stone everybody who participates in the trade. that's how the taliban got people to obey-- not becuase they all got this feeling inside that they were doing bad things. it's money. and for lots of poor farmers in that region it is the only way to make a half-decent living for a family. put yourself in that situation... do you do what it takes to feed your family, or do you follow the rules and live in poverty? they don't have the options or opportunities that we have in america.

look for stories about afghan farmers who saved all their opium seeds and farming equiptment just waiting for the taliban to fall, so they could go back to opium farming....

The marijuana gateway scenario is ludicrous at best. If it had any validity to it then the same arguments would be said about alcohol and cigarettes. It is just a convenient lie to put another false black eye on marijuana.

If I had a choice I would legalize marijuana and maybe just decriminalize harder drugs, but I am afraid with an issue like drug legalization it is all or nothing, and since we live in a "free" country, my vote would be to legalize it all.

I know some states practically have decriminalized marijuana, as long as you are not carrying enough on you to make law enforcement think you just came back from a big deal with panama.

I was caught with it once in my car(me and my friend though we hid it well, LOL). They found it all, the pouch with my pipe/bowl the marijuana packed in it, and the extra weed wrapped up in a baggie inside the pouch, and they just grabbed it, looked it with that "dumb kid" look on their face, put it back in my car, and let me on my way.

Wow, being 19 again. :)

Archived