Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sporting News: Ravens' Lewis rips into Terrell Owens

bubba9497

What is better than a middle linebacker who is an ex-murderer

How exactly do you become an ex-murderer? Is there a particular time frame when this occurs? Nobody should EVER question the abilities of Ray Lewis on the field. He's the best, ever. The complete MLB.

What I cant stand is a man who helped put two individuals in the grave and then have the audacity to whine about how someone exercises their contractual rights.

TO has some talent - to PO his team, his coach, and the opposition. IF he becomes a team player, he could be awesome - BUT not gonna happen! I like attitude in some positions, but not WR. Even Charlie Brown p!ssed me off sometimes.

Monk, Largent, Taylor, Rice, Swann, Coles - men with skills and class.

TO, Irvin, Plaxico (sp?), Keyshawn - men with skills and no clues. This ain't baseball gentlemen, the better TEAM wins the big prize.

To all our Philly fans, I hope you get TO with his own local talk show on radio and TV. :puke:

Originally posted by phanatic

How exactly do you become an ex-murderer? Is there a particular time frame when this occurs? Nobody should EVER question the abilities of Ray Lewis on the field. He's the best, ever. The complete MLB.

What I cant stand is a man who helped put two individuals in the grave and then have the audacity to whine about how someone exercises their contractual rights.

Believe me Phanatic, I dont think Ray should be in the NFL at all. I was implying a linebackers mentality when playing the game. You are exactly right on about Ray! T.O. is a selfish ,egotistical player. I don't like him. Bottom line.. It's a shame 2 players, making millions, can say and do as they please. Ray should be in prison and T.O. should have his arse whipped for scolding his coaches on the sidelines. They both can play great football. That's why we have to put up with this chit!

I think TO will keep his mouth shut and just play ball with Reid breathing down his neck for at least the first year unless they go 0-8 which isnt gonna happen. If he does stir up shiite he deserves to be put on the 50 yard line wearing nothing but the speedo he wore that first practice and get whipped by Tags as this years halftime Superbowl entertainment for benig the whiniest, most arrogant player in the history of the NFL.

I for one can't wait until the matchup between TO & Ray....Will have to catch a replay though...I will be sitting at Fed Ex Field on Halloween, watching us beat GreenBay. What a day that will be!!!! My favorite pastime on my favorite holiday!!!!! I can't even imagine the freaks that will come out of the woodwork on Halloween - WAHOOOO!!!!

...and for someone who was wondering earlier..We play the Ravens at home 10/10 and then the first matchup against the Eagles is not until 11/21 in Philly, the first game after Dallas Monday night game...should be interesting!!!!

Originally posted by Number5

OH NO...........Ray Lewis wants to CRUSH T.O.

and the Eagles still will win by 20 points!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Eagles offense will barely be able to move the ball on the Ravens D.

Eagles have had how many yrs to win a superbowl? And in that time, man it took the Ravens 2 yrs to rebuild and make it back to the playoffs after blowing up the roster. We even won a superbowl in that time.

As for the Ray Lewis comments. He was found innocent and didnt kill anyone. If he did do something it was obstruction. Let it die and GROW UP some of you. Ok maybe ALL of you. ;)

quote from artical : " He's a man that went against his word"

Lewis said of Owens " He did so many wrong " end of quote:

i really like the last part of that quote "He did so many wrong"

Exactly how many people did Ray do wrong on that night in Atlanta !!!! No matter what the charges were that night RAY Lewis did alot of people wrong . He needs to shut his mouth about the T>O> thing play the game and be thanking GOD everyday he's able to wake up in his own bed and not a 8' x 8'

prison cell .

as for someone saying don't fall asleep on the crows Defence

they have Snuggs andf Lewis . need people be reminded that Snuggs is up on charges for Felony assault for beating the daylights out of someone with a piece of re-bar :doh:

Dissonance19: just curious if anyone of the 2 people dead from the Atlanta incident would have been a relative or friend of yours would you still have RL as your hero? :doh:

"After Owens and agent David Joseph missed a February deadline to void the remainder of his contract with the 49ers and make him a free agent, San Francisco traded the temperamental wide receiver to Baltimore. But the players association stepped in and Owens was on the verge of being declared a free agent before the parties reached a deal that ended with Owens being traded from the 49ers to the Eagles for defensive end Brandon Whiting. The Ravens got a fifth-round pick for allowing the whole thing to go through after thinking they had traded for Owens."

Didn't the guy who wrote this crap realize what happened? He didn't miss any deadline. That's why Owens is an Eagle. He was wrongfully stripped of his right to become a FA and that's why the compromise was agreed to by the NFL. As for Lewis I'd be worried but since 911 they take extra care to make sure people can't sneak weapons into stadiums so he's harmless. I'm sure TO must be weally weally ascared because during all his years playing football no one ever tried to hit him weally weally hard.

Ooh-hoo....

Can't WAIT for that match-up. Git 'em, Ray-Ray!

If Ray Lewis is responsible for covering T.O. in any way, the Eagles might score 100 points.

It's not like the Eagles are going to re-design their playbook so all T.O. runs are slow drags underneath.....I imagine he should be more concerned about Mccalister in coverage and Ed Reed going for the knockout blow.

Also, I hope Lewis guns for him cause Westbrook will eat him up underneath and L.J will go over his head.

Lewis is a better player than eaither of those guys, but he couldn't stay with Westy in coverage if his life depended on it.

Originally posted by bubba9497

Ravens' Lewis rips into Terrell Owens

http://ultimate.sportingnews.com/nfl/preseason/articles/20040603/546515.html

The way wide receiver Terrell Owens turned his back on the Ravens and fought to veto an off-season trade didn't sit too well with Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis.

Lewis, appearing on Sporting News Radio's Tim Brando Show, ripped into Owens for his handling of the situation, saying "Sooner or later he's gonna have to run into me one way or the other. It's hard to respect guys that pose and do things like that."

After Owens and agent David Joseph missed a February deadline to void the remainder of his contract with the 49ers and make him a free agent, San Francisco traded the temperamental wide receiver to Baltimore. But the players association stepped in and Owens was on the verge of being declared a free agent before the parties reached a deal that ended with Owens being traded from the 49ers to the Eagles for defensive end Brandon Whiting. The Ravens got a fifth-round pick for allowing the whole thing to go through after thinking they had traded for Owens.

"He is a man that went against his word," Lewis said of Owens. "He did so many wrong

things in the process of treating it like a business. He didn't treat it like a business and it put a lot of people in jeopardy and it created a lot of controversy and it was unnecessary."

Owens and the Eagles are scheduled to face the Ravens in Week 8 (Oct. 31).

I like how a convict tries to bad mouth owens.

Ray's not a murderer, ex- or otherwise. What he is is a liar who obstructed a double murder investigation and helped set two killers free with his weak, unwilling testimony.

He's not an admirable man. But he is by far the game's best LB and probably the best defensive player overall. To say that he gets recognized simply for jumping on the pile and dancing is just ridiculous.

If I were an Iggles fan though, I'd be more worried about Ed Reed knocking the s*** out of Owens.

Guest Westbrook36

Ray Lewis becomes more of an WWE guy everyday.

I think it's stupid to even suggest Ray Lewis will play harder or will be more motivated because of something that happened during the offseason.

If Lewis needs this TO thing to motivate him, then he isn't the player we all thought he was in the first place.

- The Eagles play the Ravens in the preseason, also. I'll be interested to see how long Reid leaves Owens on the field in that game.

- Ray Lewis didn't kill anyone. He shut his mouth about it for his loser friends.

- None of Lewis' comments made any sense at all. He was kissing Owens butt at the Pro Bowl, now he "can't respect a guy who poses?" What does that mean about him? Also, Owens whined that he wanted to be an Eagle and whined after he wasn't an Eagle. I'll admit he was a baby, but when exactly did he lie????

- Owens will avoid Lewis like the plague when the Eagles play Baltimore. There will be no clean shots.

Archived