Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Champ going to end up in the Pro Bowl?

The Artist

Champ is going to cost some money to resign. I'd like to get him done as soon as possible and I think there is little chance we'd allow him on the open market. The potential contract a guy with his ability could ask for is frightening though. For that reason, I'm actually hoping he does NOT make the Pro Bowl. I do not want him to feel validated in his performance this year which was more spotty than the year before. I want him to be hungry next year to make up for the "slight" of not making it to the Pro Bowl and I want him to play harder and better to make it. I don't want it handed to him yet on name basis in a season he played only pretty good, not great, football.

agreed Art. Champ doesn't deserve to make it to the Pro Bowl this year. He played pretty well most of the year, but he was no where near the level of play everyone has come to expect out of him. The Dallas game was enough to change my mind. <br /><br />That being said, the Skins better get his and Jansen's contract over with before they have a chance to hit the open market. Expect Champ to be the highest paid DB in history. If Jason Sehorn holds that title now, Champ will easily get it. What scares me about Jansen is that although RTs don't usually get the love like LTs do, the Iggles gave Runyan a monster contract and he is a RT.

Archived