Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baseball in DC

@DCGoldPants

I think Angelos needs to stop worrying about DC and look at his own stands. It was a home game for the Yankees and their 17+ runs tonight.

I hope Baseball is watching and realzing that even without a team down here, Baltimore isn't getting man people from this area...let alone another area.

Turn around that franchise and let all the Raven's fans walk across the parking lot.

Give us the Senators.

The Orioles will sell their home game tickets to any yankee- bandwagon fan in the area. They don't check hat logo @ the gate.....

It's foolish to think after 6 losing seasons (and an absence of Maryland/Baltimore ledgend Cal Ripken) that fans will come running back after the signing of Lopez, Raffy and Tejada.

As much as people dislike Angelos (and as an Oriole fan I don't especially like him) he has legit points for how his franchise would suffer if a team moved to DC.

While people contend that proximity is not a factor (citing the sf bay area), SF is in the toilet having Bonds, Schmit and a sack of potatos; while Oakland can't afford to resign a player that excells(tejada, Giambi). This will be further exasporated when Zito or Mulder is traded later this season to Boston or the Yankees.

Does DC deserve a baseball team (even though they chased 2 other franchises away)? Of course. Should the best interests of the Orioles and Angelos be respected? Yes.

But if the Orioles moved to Baltimore in 54, and the senators were chased away until the early 70's, why did Washington allow the move? Because Baltimore PAID THEM OFF!

Angelos is looking for similiar financial compensation from the league and/or the DC franchise. Selig will protect Angelos becuase he is 'owners owner; a bulldog type of manager who drives a hard deal with the players union and supports the decisions of MLB.

I think the only reason that Angelos doesn't want baseball in DC is because he knows that all the NoVA & DC fans that travel to Baltimore every season only to watch the O's piss all over themselves will jump off that annual train wreck & jump on the one in DC. I mean, if I'm going to travel to see my team lose, the least they could do is bring them closer. I have to think about gas prices, ya know!

Like Angelos doesn't already have enough loot.

Fine, offer him some money.....for the short term. Just because the Washington Team will get massive fan support for the 1st few years and fill their stands even with a crappy team, doesn't mean that the O's can't win games.

Actually, it might force Baltimore to really try to build a team (which they finally did this year)

Too bad they've got NO pitching.

DC Fans didnt chase two teams away.

That was decades ago and our area is one of the riches in the nation.

Now DC baseball in DC is a smart move. Baseball out there in Dulles is the death sentence to the team because no one in DC is going way out there for a game.

I'd prefer them to build up NY Avenue instead of building a new stadium next to RFK but oh well.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

The NY Avenue site would be great.

I passed by it last night on my way to Dream night club and wow what a change that would be up there. It would do a lot for that neighborhood by the convention center which is another DC area, like SE by the capitol, on the rise

They say Norfolk is in the running for the team because they already have a stadium plan but I dont see any way Hampton Roads would be able to support a major league team. Most of the minor league teams here always end up going bankrupt and moving.

Archived