Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 Fantasy Football Keepers - 3 Slots

Yomar

ohioskins,

Good points about being able to win with marginal or just above average QB's. Although you did have Favre who is a very good QB.

I won my league with Josh McCown. Go figure. But Vick is the type of QB that can do it on the ground as well as through the air. I don't know if you give up a QB like that to keep a Stephen Davis.

Tom, I understand your point...

But Vick is coming off of a major injury, and I think if you look at the stats for the top twelve Qb's you would notice the difference between number 1 and number 12 is only 58 points(my scoring system) over 17 weeks = 3.4 points per week

runningbacks 1 thru 24 (assuming 2 starters) is 227 in 17 weeks. = 13.3 points per week

I just feel getting 3-4 top 30 runningbacks helps for injury risk and gives good trade bait. But it depends on the scoring system.

Originally posted by ohioskins

This will be unpopular, but I would keep Taylor, Davis, and Moss

Running backs are at a premium, especially if you are starting two. I won my league last year with hasselbeck and farve as Qb's. I drafted them in rounds 7 and 8. Backs get hurt, keep these two and draft one in round one.

Of course that's my best guess without knowing your scoring system

i do not agree... good healthy running backs are a premium...but Vick (if he stays away from preseason) will put up running back type numbers....he'll close in on 1,000 yards on the ground and around 6-10 rushing TDs....VICK is an early first round pick, just after the ELITE runners fall off the board....

As for Davis or Taylor

Davis is about to give way to a younger/better/faster D.Foster - i do believe if Foster started that Super Bowl, the Panthers would have won....drop Davis, he'll get hurt anyway

as for Fraud Taylor...he's your best bet..he'll put up the numbers....with Leftwitch in there now...they will have to run, and Taylor should average some good numbers.......

whoever you chose between the two

PICK UP THIER BACKUPS

FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUmp Fred taylor,

It is redicoulous that people are choosing Taylor over davis for injury reasons.

When davis gets hurt, he plays anyway, he dosen't miss seasons, dew to injury.

Davis had his best season last year, because he is finally being used right. He still will be used right, so keepem!

Look at the numbers between Fred Taylor and Stephen Davis from last year. They are so close that you can't go by who did better last year. What you should look at is who has a better backup who is more likely to take carries away this coming year. I say it is Stephen Davis. Foster will take more carries from Davis. Fred Taylor is the man, the only man in Jacksonville.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teamstats?team=jac&year=2003&season=2

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teamstats?team=car&year=2003&season=2

I'm just amazed that you have those players on your team. You need to add more participants to your league to make it more interesting. I play in a 16 team league and trust me, it makes every injury to a position player costly and you have to know your stuff come draft day. It's imperitive to draft backups to players that are injury prone. By the end of last season - my starters were

QB: David Carr

RB: Priest Holmes & Fred Taylor

WR: Kevin Johnson & Darrell Jackson

TE: Freddie Jones

K: David Akers

DEF: Philadelphia Eagles

And I was a playoff team. The talent gets spread thin with 16 teams. Now that is a Fantasy Football League!

I side with the dump Vick people. The fact is people always overrate QBs in fantasy football. There are always decent QBs to be had late in drafts, and sometimes they turn into studs too. At RB, you have to get really lucky to get a solid RB after the 2nd round of a draft (when keepers aren't involved).

Taylor and Davis aren't quite elite RBs, but they're definitely in that 2nd tier that I would still take over any QB.

If other people in your league are all keeping QBs - all the more reason to dump Vick. They won't be drafting backup QBs in the early slots- they'll be going after RBs and top WRs to fill their starting spots.

And don't be afraid to take another RB early even though you only start 2. As the season goes on, everyone wants to trade for a stud RB and you'll have no trouble getting value for one of yours.

As someone else pointed out- footballguys.com is the best place for fantasy football info - and I'm pretty sure they'll have Vick last out of these 4 players.

In my keeper league I have:

* Steve McNair / Patrick Ramsey

* Jamal Lewis / Ricky Williams / Garrison Hearst

* Anquan Boldin / Jimmy Smith / Steve Smith / Koren Robinson / Peter Warrick

You can have 1 active QB, 2 active RB's, and 3 active WR's. I think we are going with 3 keepers. I was thinking McNair, Williams, and Lewis. Between Koren and Ricky they were my two biggest disappointments! My sleeper was Anquan Boldin. People thought I was nuts for picking him up, I love how he became my best receiver! Though I think Anquan could have another great year, since they have Larry Fitzgerald who is phenomenal and can take a lot of double coverage leaving a lot of yardage for Boldin, but with Ricky and his head shaved now, he might be more aerodynamic! First wide receiver I am picking up this year is definitely Laverneous Coles! Please give me some opinions!

Archived