Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Religious Right Leaders Blame Iraqi Prison Abuse Scandal On MTV

phishhead

Originally posted by DaFunky1

chomerics... lets look at it for what the summit was not what you think he is trying to promote...

A homophobe would not put himself in the room with 200 homosexuals willingly.

A homophobe would not say Christians should love everyone, including gays.

It was an opportunity for Christians and religious homosexuals to meet and discuss their differences and try to get a better understanding of where each other is. Where was he trying to promote a phobia? I guess since he uses scriptures then the bible must be homophobic as well?

I'm sure you know a phobia is an irrational fear. I don't see where he is afraid of homosexuals. He even states, and you can call the guy a token if you want to, that he has been friends with a gay man for 15 years in his article. I know many leaders of the "religious right" are against the homosexual agenda, but that does not make them homophobic.

What I continue to see is if you have moral views that contradict the left you are promoting a phobia. Personally I don't think homosexuality is normal, however I work with numerous homosexuals, and if you want to know the truth I could care less what they do in their spare time. That is totally up to them. I would promote the guy/gal if they deserve, base their promotions on their performance and not their lifestyle.

I guess since I disagree with you on homosexuality and think it is immoral then I guess you can label me a homophobe as well. So be it.

Peace

Again, I'm not saying it is right or wrong (homosexuality) but to dismiss the fact that his statements promote homophobia is wrong.

Look at what he says, homosexuality is a sin. It is morally wrong. It is against god's will. These statements breed homophobia, an irrational fear. If you come out and proclaim somebodies sexual feelings are wrong, immoral and against Gods will, you are promoting a phobia no matter how you try to spin it.

Just because he was trying to reach out to the homosexual community doesn't mean he was promoting homosexuality as proper, moral or right. He in fact does however say it's not normal, morally wrong and against God's will. It promotes homophobia any way you slice it.

And what of the other church reverend pickiting out front with his "fags burn in hell" sign? Yea, I guess that doesn't promote a homophobic society.

Furthermore, if you strongly believe the church anf the RRR for that matter doesn't promote a fear of homosexuals how come homesexuals are castigated by the RRR as immoral sinners?

Originally posted by Thiebear

I believe it was proven that Kerry didnt talk to world leaders...

but that is a different story and a side track.

Again, if the articles exists, prove it. The "proof" you're referring to is in the fact that Kerry didn't leave the country. Yea, that's proof. No forign leaders EVER come to NY or DC.

If you would actually listen to the facts, instead of looking for the first negative thing written and think of it as gospel, maybe you'd be less ignorant on the subject.

And to think that a forign leader didn't meet with Kerry, express their displeasure with Bush and try to find out his opinions about the said country before the elections, you're extremely naieve.

Originally posted by chomerics

Again, I'm not saying it is right or wrong (homosexuality) but to dismiss the fact that his statements promote homophobia is wrong.

Look at what he says, homosexuality is a sin. It is morally wrong. It is against god's will. These statements breed homophobia, an irrational fear. If you come out and proclaim somebodies sexual feelings are wrong, immoral and against Gods will, you are promoting a phobia no matter how you try to spin it.

Just because he was trying to reach out to the homosexual community doesn't mean he was promoting homosexuality as proper, moral or right. He in fact does however say it's not normal, morally wrong and against God's will. It promotes homophobia any way you slice it.

And what of the other church reverend pickiting out front with his "fags burn in hell" sign? Yea, I guess that doesn't promote a homophobic society.

Furthermore, if you strongly believe the church anf the RRR for that matter doesn't promote a fear of homosexuals how come homesexuals are castigated by the RRR as immoral sinners?

So what you are saying in essence, since you did not answer my previous question and Falwell quoted scripture (which you appear to take offense to), is the bible is homophobic in nature?

And the pastor out there with signs saying "fags burn in hell" apparently is not trying to reach out to homosexuals in love. He appears to be using the "Hell fire and brimstone" approach.

Peace

Originally posted by DaFunky1

So what you are saying in essence, since you did not answer my previous question and Falwell quoted scripture (which you appear to take offense to), is the bible is homophobic in nature?

And the pastor out there with signs saying "fags burn in hell" apparently is not trying to reach out to homosexuals in love. He appears to be using the "Hell fire and brimstone" approach.

Peace

Personal opinion aside because I'm not a big bible fan, but yes I do think the bible promotes homophobia. Listen to a lot of RRRs and you may see my point. They will quote scriptures saying how the homosexual is the scourge of the earth. At least Fallwell tries to get along with them, but he is doing it in a backhanded way by proclaiming them immoral and not normal.

When you grow up in an enviornment which is constantly telling you homosexuality is wrong, and you in fact have hidden homosexual feelings, it often manifests itself in anger, sexual torture and other perverted masochistic behavior. Look at the behavior and the bizzare sexual acts forced on the detainees by the soldiers, it reeks so much of an opressed homosexual belief it's mindboggling.

About your question, sorry I must have missed it, I have an indefferent opinion on homosexuality. I don't think of it as immoral, nor do I promote it, I just think it's best left up to the people who are homosexual. I have friends who I believe are gay, but they haven't come out of the closet yet, so it's still conjecture on my part.

I do have a real problem with anybody telling people how then can live their life, what is morally right and wrong, and how to go about living their life. This is what promotes internal rage against ones psyche and manifests itself in some of the stuff that went on at Abu Ghriab.

Edit: After reading through the post again, I think I may have not have expressed my feelings clearly on my initial post about Falwell and Rush. I wasn't saying they were homophobic themselves, just that their actions promote a homophobic society. Hope this clearifies things for you :)

You know it's often seen on this site that there are more liberal extremists then conservative. Then you see a thread like this where these 'typical conservatives' are defending the complete lunacy of the religious right.

There are your extremists folks. They hide in plain site.

Anyone defending the concept of blaming MTV for this is an extremist. You are just as nuts as those fools in the ANSWER sponsored protests.

Archived