Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

funny thing about my madden03

nace14

just thought i would throw this up for a good laugh.

long story short, my playstation II killed my madden 04 so i was forced to start a new franchise with the madden 03. i played two seasons and then while saving it the power went out and the memory card got all messed up.

so i didn't feel like playing another game with anthony and doering as my 2 and 3 recievers and i simulated the first 2 season just to change the team up.

after the first season spurrier went 5-11

after the second he went 2-14 and retired.

i guess madden had him pegged for a 2 year coach right from the gates.

in my madden 04, a coach retires after you win the super bowl 3 times, so since ive done a lot of seasons through, ive had Spurrier, then Dungy, then Armstead(yes the LB), then some other guy, now i have Marvin Lewis. Its funny now cause Spurrier did come back to coach the Raiders, and he's not doing that well.

All I have is "03" but I'll be buying 2005 as soon as it comes out.

I've got two franchises that I keep all the time.

1. Is "Current Players" team. As soon as we have our roster set, I change everybody's name and number accordingly. I play with this team starting during the preseason. Helps me remember all the new names and numbers of our guys. I'll play this team throughout the season. Unless things aren't going well at all. Then for comfort, I'll turn to my favorite team........

2. My "All Time Favorites" team. It takes a while to set it up initially, but to me it's well worth it.

Right now I have Mark Rypien (Patrick Ramsey) starting. With a young Sonny Jurgensen waiting in the wings. Theismann holds the clipboard.

Larry Brown is my starting RB. Mostly. I do have Riggo in my two TE Singleback formation. (How could you not?) and goal line.

Joe Washington or Mike Thomas play my scat back.

FB is always Charlie Harraway.

WR's Monk, Taylor, Jefferson, Clark, and Sanders

TE's Jerry Smith, Don Warren, and of course Doc Walker.

The O-linemen change from time to time due to number problems. But how can you lose when your player pool consists of Jacoby, Starke, Lachey, Grimm, May, Hauss, Bostic, Hermeling, or Schoenke?

Same for the D-line. Butz, Grant, Talbert, Brundige, Manley, Biggs, Mann, or McDole.

Linebackers Hanburger, Olkewicz, McLinton, Coleman, Pottios, Wysocki, Milot, Harvey or Marshall.

Corners Green, Fischer, Bass, or Parrish

Safeties Houston, Petitbon, Owens, or Murphy.

Although listed as DB's, Mike Nelms and Speedy Duncan are the return men.

Curt Knight and Mike Bragg doing the kicking.

You miss not having the names of alot of them getting called, and having to be just "Number 9". But the most common names are always there.

Anyway, can't wait to have this team with Gibbs coaching on the sidelines. The Gibbs I have there now looks nothing like him.

And now after all this talk, I think I'll go get a game in before the Mother's Day duties begin.

If you're not gonna see her, DON'T FORGET TO CALL YOUR MAMA!!!

Originally posted by Hobo

in my madden 04, a coach retires after you win the super bowl 3 times, so since ive done a lot of seasons through, ive had Spurrier, then Dungy, then Armstead(yes the LB), then some other guy, now i have Marvin Lewis. Its funny now cause Spurrier did come back to coach the Raiders, and he's not doing that well.

Yeah, for some reason when Spurrier resigned the first time he didn't really resign and was still on our team. Then 2 years after that he really resigned. Then Dungy went 2-1, then we picked up Trent Green, then Spurrier came back into the league for some more. Crazy stuff.

Originally posted by Ax

2. My "All Time Favorites" team. It takes a while to set it up initially, but to me it's well worth it.

Right now I have Mark Rypien (Patrick Ramsey) starting. With a young Sonny Jurgensen waiting in the wings. Theismann holds the clipboard.

Please tell me that Mark Rypien isn't really your "All time" starting QB:doh:

Originally posted by nace14

just thought i would throw this up for a good laugh.

long story short, my playstation II killed my madden 04 so i was forced to start a new franchise with the madden 03. i played two seasons and then while saving it the power went out and the memory card got all messed up.

so i didn't feel like playing another game with anthony and doering as my 2 and 3 recievers and i simulated the first 2 season just to change the team up.

after the first season spurrier went 5-11

after the second he went 2-14 and retired.

i guess madden had him pegged for a 2 year coach right from the gates.

Even on 2004 he does not last long, I won 3 straight super bowls the first three years and he retired. However I am in 2011 and he came back with the Steelers. Kind of wierd.

Archived