Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many Sacks Will We Allow Next Season?

semiskin

I think you guys are being too optimistic.

Yes, the scheme of Gibbs and the coaching of Bugel will cut down on the overall numbers, but there will also be assignment mistakes, QBs doing the smart thing and taking a sack rather than throwing an INT, and the fact that we have a few pretty good pass rushers in the NFC East these days.

I picked 31-40. I think the number will be 32 for the season.

Of course this will be a number that goes down as we progress through the season. I expect only 2-3 for the ENTIRE Post-season though!

Originally posted by fish

Yes, the scheme of Gibbs and the coaching of Bugel will cut down on the overall numbers, but there will also be assignment mistakes, QBs doing the smart thing and taking a sack rather than throwing an INT, and the fact that we have a few pretty good pass rushers in the NFC East these days.

Of course this will be a number that goes down as we progress through the season. I expect only 2-3 for the ENTIRE Post-season though!

2 sacks a game is not to be expected!! While I totaly understand that mistakes will be made, and that there are some great pass rushers in the east, but we have some monster linemen, that I think will get off to fast start due to their hunger (from what I've read) to win, and desire to pound the ball. I think we have one of the most talented O-lines in the NFL, and with great coaching they are going to take the NFL by storm.

Originally posted by manichispanic

no way ramsey gets sacked more than brunell, he more mobile.......more bad decisions maybe, but not more sacks......

Ya right... Ramsey lacks much needed pocket presence which Brunell has and Ramsey is not nearly as mobile as Brunell even at the age that Brunell is at right now.

I'd say with Brunell we'll go a few games w/o getting sacked.

Originally posted by fish

Portis.

I'm going to say between 25-28 sacks allowed this year.

Archived