Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Win or lose this year, we are going to be happy

The Artist

It was obviously a tough loss today, but the most postive thing I saw in the game wasn't by any player (although Smoot was very nice). Nope the best thing I saw the whole day was when the camera went to the sideline and Marty was yelling and throwing his headset around.

It might not happen this week or next, but Marty's demands about accounting for yourself will pay off in the end. A guy with only three fingers could still count on his hand the number of times Norv got upset with his players. They will get the message, and as this team takes the personality of Marty, we will improve.

With our schedule this year we will get back into this thing. We will end up playing tough, hard-nosed football that we will all be proud of. Just stay patient boys.

Artist, with only 25 posts in a year it's not a surprise you'll be happy whether they win or lose. All over this city tomorrow people are going to be in a $hit mood because of this game. I'm pissed as hell and this is the only Washington team anyone cares about. I am a rookie here, but I have been posting messages for years - thousands. I am not happy when they win or lose. They have to win.

------------------

1992 fantasy commercial: Dale Hunter seated in Skins uniform # 58 slapping a football deliberately between each hand ... looks to his left and remarks "Thanks, Wilbur"... cut to shot of powerful dark skinned hands holding a hockey stick in front of his new Caps uniform..."no, thank YOU Dale."

artist.....yea, the team needs a kick in the pants. but firing folks and screaming is not the same thing as leadership. marty carries it too far and he will lose the players support - then the whole roof collapses. he can only fire so many folks - and not the stars. so, there is a balancing act that is being played out.

The stars? Hmm Jansen,Samuels,Champ,Lavar,Smoot,S Davis(?)and Gardner.

They all with exception of Davis yesterday carry their load and aren't the prima donnas as some vet stars are.

The kick in he pants is the players who screw up colecting splinters on the bench

------------------

Take a sip of the Marty Kool Aid and Believe

I think what we are seeing is that some of the players that were being counted on from last season are not going to be contributors here under Marty.

Some of the players are just overhyped like Alexander. Others are consistent underachievers like Westbrook. Others like Jeff George and Bruce Smith are brittle 33 and 37 year old players who are playing out the string here without much hope of getting to the Super Bowl, which is the only thing that brought them here in the first place.

For Marty to succeed he needs hungry football players. We have some hungry players and some younger stars in the making.

But the "yeast" on them isn't going to be rising right away and the returning vets are voting with their feet that they don't want to be around for Martyball long-term, because it is just too hard on their old legs and softened middles.

Archived