Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs vs. parcells

skns4life

:dallasuck

im arguing here with a cowgirls fan about who is the better coach!! i cant seem to change his mind despite all the history of gibbs that gibbs is better than parcells.... there is also no way to change his mind that Gibbs WILL make a difference this year for the Skins.....someone help!!!

Originally posted by skns4life

:dallasuck

im arguing here with a cowgirls fan about who is the better coach!! i cant seem to change his mind despite all the history of gibbs that gibbs is better than parcells.... there is also no way to change his mind that Gibbs WILL make a difference this year for the Skins.....someone help!!!

I think you forgot to provide a link...

It's pretty easy to argue either. Pacells has the advantage head to head versus Gibbs, and Gibbs has one more trophy. There is not a decisive answer.

As to admitting that Gibbs will make the Skins better, I think any reasonable person has to concede that he will. The Skins are coming off of 2 years under possibly the worst head coach and coaching staff in the NFL...and they are repalcing them with possibly the league's most experienced staff led by a three time Super Bowl winning coach. Seems pretty futile to argue that they will not at least put a better product on the field week in week out--if that immediately translates into wins is the question.

It is not possable to reason with a Cowgirl fan. So don't even bother, just remember that if Parcells could take a piece of crap team and turn it around then, there is no reason why Gibbs can't take an extremly talented team and turn it around.

Originally posted by GB81

It's pretty easy to argue either. Pacells has the advantage head to head versus Gibbs, and Gibbs has one more trophy. There is not a decisive answer.

As to admitting that Gibbs will make the Skins better, I think any reasonable person has to concede that he will. The Skins are coming off of 2 years under possibly the worst head coach and coaching staff in the NFL...and they are repalcing them with possibly the league's most experienced staff led by a three time Super Bowl winning coach. Seems pretty futile to argue that they will not at least put a better product on the field week in week out--if that immediately translates into wins is the question.

I agree, it really depends on who you are and what you prefer. If you are a guy that likes to see a defense hold a team helpless you will give the nbod to Parcells, if you like to see an offensive game that demoralizes a defense you would love gibbs.

jrfriedm, your the only one thats helping.....GB81, how can you say that you can argue both ways??? your suppose to pick Gibbs...i think you can argue more towards Gibbs than Parcells...especially under all the circumstances that Gibbs coached

Originally posted by jrfriedm

It is not possable to reason with a Cowgirl fan. So don't even bother, just remember that if Parcells could take a piece of crap team and turn it around then, there is no reason why Gibbs can't take an extremly talented team and turn it around.

It is same both ways, I can tell you that from a cowboys fan perspective, you look like the most ignorant fans ever with the way you talk about Smmot and other players that mite be underrated, but not to the degree that you say they are...I just remind myself that all fans are like that, you should do the same...

GB81, how can you say that you can argue both ways??? your suppose to pick Gibbs...i think you can argue more towards Gibbs than Parcells...especially under all the circumstances that Gibbs coached

If you wanted a specific answer instead of a honest response, you should have said so. I do not beleive it is clear that Gibbs is better. They are both probably in the top 5 all time, and I think intelligent arguments can be made either way.

jrfriedm, your the only one thats helping.....GB81, how can you say that you can argue both ways??? your suppose to pick Gibbs...i think you can argue more towards Gibbs than Parcells...especially under all the circumstances that Gibbs coached

???So you just want him to be a blind homer and say Gibbs is definately better than Parcells? Only the biggest one would say one is unquestionably better...

Look the fact is that they are both great coaches, and while one is already a Hall of Famer, the other will be one day. Its not about one coach being better at this point, neither team is solid at all postions yet, for to become a true coaching match. Right now its still in the whose team as more overall talent, and which coach can get the most out of that talent. On this point I think you have to give the edge to Gibbs (yes, I'm a homer). He knows how to adjust his scheme around his players, while Parcells, breaks down his players and builds them in his scheme. Both obviously work, just who can get it to work with the team they've got. Only time will answer that question.

Hasn't this been argued to death. Both are very high quality coaches. I admired the way Parcells ran the Giants, although I hated the fact that he found a way to beat Gibbs and our Redskins. I hate it that he is in Dallas. But I love it more that Gibbs is here. :thumbsup:

get out of here RW31 and go back to some cowgirl site

You don't like the fact that you are clearly wrong and me and your fellow redskin fans pointed it out? Sorry but I think I will stay...

True enough, Parcells has the head to head win-loss record, and cost Gibbs a chance at atleast one more SB trophy. I agree with those who say it can (and will be) spun either way. To that end it's going to make for a great couple games! Cheers..

WWD!!!

Bottom line is when Joe Gibbs coached the Redskins they were 140-65 (playoffs included) and won 3 superbowls. During the same time, Dallas was 105-91 and won 1 superbowl and the Giants were 110-78 and won two superbowls. I will take the sucess of the Skins over that period over the other two teams. The Skins were a more successful and celebrated team during that era. The boys beat the Skins during their 1-15 season. Would you rather be the Skins that year or Dallas? In other words, Parcells head to head victories over Gibbs do not make him a more successful coach. How many times, you won the big one is.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

Look the fact is that they are both great coaches, and while one is already a Hall of Famer, the other will be one day. Its not about one coach being better at this point, neither team is solid at all postions yet, for to become a true coaching match. Right now its still in the whose team as more overall talent, and which coach can get the most out of that talent. On this point I think you have to give the edge to Gibbs (yes, I'm a homer). He knows how to adjust his scheme around his players, while Parcells, breaks down his players and builds them in his scheme. Both obviously work, just who can get it to work with the team they've got. Only time will answer that question.

Parcells hasn't churned the roster very much since he's been here. He pushed the defense from 18 to 1 in a year and they're were only three changes. He might change the scheme, but he does it with the players there.

I agree, both are HOFs

Gibbs has 3 super bowl wins, Parcells 2. Any questions?

You can't really say one is better than the other. They don't square off at the 50 yard line so it's situational battles. Both are amazing coaches and if Parcells had returned to New York they would be talking the same trash that we are.

You can't agrue with what Bill did with that crap he had on that roster last year. My best friend is a boys fan and we both agree that he should have been coach of the year. Dallas had NO talent on that team. They had no buisness in the playoffs and it showed once they got there.

Winning 10 games with the same team that had gone 5-11 three years in a row earned my respect.

Originally posted by RW31

Parcells hasn't churned the roster very much since he's been here. He pushed the defense from 18 to 1 in a year and they're were only three changes. He might change the scheme, but he does it with the players there.

I agree, both are HOFs

Their defense was top 5 the year before Parcells came.

I agree, both are HOFs

Thats my point. Parcells will take a player break him down and build him back up into a player that fits well in his system, and that is in no way an insult. He is one of the best at it, out of thousands who have/are/going to try to do it.

Gibbs however can look at what a players talents are already and design a scheme around that player (instead of making a square peg round, he changes the whole to a square) and his talents.

Both are extremely successful at how they manage not only the game, but their players, and both desirve a lot of respect.

Originally posted by pennyizer

Their defense was top 5 the year before Parcells came.

I did not look it up, I remembered from some radio talk during games, I will check it out, but the point is the same, he pushed it over the top...

I did not look it up, I remembered from some radio talk during games, I will check it out, but the point is the same, he pushed it over the top...

Well they were 18th 2002, so I was wrong. I can't find there ranking for 2001 but that defense was great before he came.

If you consider making the smart move of keeping the same DC, then yes, he pushed them over the top.

Originally posted by pennyizer

Well they were 18th 2002, so I was wrong. I can't find there ranking for 2001 but that defense was great before he came.

Yeah I looked it up also...

this one is easy....

Joe Gibbs - 3 Super Bowl trophies

Bill Parcells - 2 Super Bowl trophies

Gibbs has more Super Bowl rings and a better winning percentage, even though Parcells has been coaching longer. That should end the debate right there.....

Archived