Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is a super bowl team going to come from the NFC East?

bulmer1

Originally posted by scottb

Nice post #5. I think you are being a litle too optimistic over the Eagles. I don't think their schedule is easy and I expect 5 losses. I see the Skins starting slowly and finishing 9-7, maybe contending for a wildcard. The Cowboys will have a very good defense again and I see them finishing 10-6 in battle for second place with the Skins. The Giants quit last year. This year I believe they will still have a "next year" mindset and will thus fare poorly. My guess is 5-11.

Thanks....only reason why I'm optimistic is based upon them staying healthy. If Westbrook is fully recovered like reports are saying and the guys on the DL (Burgess, Thomas, Gras) are up to par, then we should have on of the deepest DL's in football.

Free Ramsey is right. He took a lot of hits this season partially due to lack of protection partially due to not breaking away. Either way this year will be different and Ramsey will improve greatly. I do have to say that the Eagles will be very lucky to sweep the Giants this year and doubt that it will happen. The Eagles have a good team but I dont think they are on the same curve of improvement as the other three teams in the NFC East. So the Cowboys didnt have a great offseason. Have you all forgotten how well Parcells does in his second year with teams. The Redskins (unfortunately) are going to be extremely tough because the offense that they are going to run has not been seen in years. The players defending against them are not going to know whats going on. The closest thing since Gibbs has been Gruden (not in coaching but in schemes). :cheers:

Please explain something to me though fellas.....maybe i'm just slow.

But how is it possible to say that a team that has an average age of 23-28 years of age and has several new acquistions of Pro Bowl creditentials aren't on the same curve of improvement?

If anything, they might be more advanced because they basically have grown together. Like most teams in the division, many things have changed. Personel and coaching changes are all around, but the fact is that all teams replaced older players with younger ones who bring someting different to the table. Most of the younger Eagles have been in this scheme for 2 years or more.....while everyone else has new coaches or QB's there is plenty of room to grow, but keep in mind that Brunnel is the oldest QB in the division. I would like the Skins chances better if Ransey was your starter, just like I would like the Giants chances better if Collins was theire QB......but since they aren't I stand by my views.

...oh in answering the question in the thread's title (and it pains me to type these words), I do expect the Eagles to make the Superbowl this year. They finally added the missing pieces. This opinion assumes: 1) no impact injuries (e.g. McNabb, TO, etc); and 2) Reid doesn't revert to his choke coaching style in the big game. As for winning the Superbowl, depends upon who is there.

I just think its too soon to predict anything. I can remember being in 7th grade home room after the skins got their last Super Bowl talking about how the Skins where gonna be dominant for several years. Gibbs, Monk, Clarke, Rypien...it all seemed like they were just gonna hand em' the trophy before the next season even started. Here we are, what, 14 years later with nothing. Sure, the Eagles have been solid for three years and the Skins have left me in misery every sunday since grade school. Maybe it will be the same way next year, but maybe not. Too soon to say. Things change.

Bottom line, I don't put too much stake in what happened "last year". I learned that in 8th grade.

Originally posted by Number5

If Westbrook is fully recovered like reports are saying and the guys on the DL (Burgess, Thomas, Gras) are up to par, then we should have on of the deepest DL's in football.

What does Westbrook have to do with you DL?

You should stop cheerleading for a few seconds so that you can get out a couple of correct sentances...:rolleyes:

Number 5,

The Giants have a fine OLine. Last year they had four rookies starting the last five games. This year, their OLine will probably be:

Petitgout, Snee, O'Hara, Seubert (depending on his recovery), and either Diehl or Stokes or a signed RT after June 1st which I've heard of a couple of decent names.

The Giants problem on the OLine last year was depth. They suffered a lot of injuries and had to throw rookies, four of them, into the fire. Hopefully, they won't suffer nearly as many injuries but if they do, they are a little better prepared.

But I hope everyone looks at last year and just remembers that the Giants OLine was awful and forgets that they had four rookies who weren't ready to play. Instead, they rested on the laurels of John McNally thinking he could work miracles with absolutely nothing to work with.

Archived