Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which duo would you rather have?

SmallDaddy

Since the concensus 2nd round pick on this board last year was Mike Doss--saftey--(who became a solid starter with the Colts last year), I was wondering----would you rather have Doss and Winslow or Tayor Jacobs and Sean Taylor?:dallasuck

I find it hard to reply to this, because Doss fell off the radar screen after the draft last year. Is he even a starter?

It sounds like the Colts aren't that sold on his ability to be a difference maker... but Jacobs didn't show much last season either.

I'm gonna take Jacobs and Taylor. We'll see this season, though.

Tough question. Taylor and Winslow both have a chance to the best players to eaver play at their respective positions when it's all said and done. Based on last year, Doss seems like he will have a good (not great) NFL career. So far, Jacobs has only showed potential, but if he stays healthy then he could have a chance to be a legitimate #2 for us.

This is really a tough decision, but if Jacobs is as good as he's hyped up to be, then I would rather have the current pair that we have right now. I don't think you could go wrong with either combo.

Originally posted by SmallDaddy

Since the concensus 2nd round pick on this board last year was Mike Doss--saftey--(who became a solid starter with the Colts last year), I was wondering----would you rather have Doss and Winslow or Tayor Jacobs and Sean Taylor?:dallasuck

I would rather have Taylor and Cooley and Jacobs. Don't get me wrong Winslow will be a great player for many years to come, but Cooley played H-Back in college and he will be a very good player. He may not be as good as Winslow over the course of his career, but he will be a star. I think that Gibbs made a calculated gamble going for Taylor in the hope that he could grab Cooley. That's probably why we went for Taylor and Cooley over a Winslow and a saftey later on. There was not a very deep talent pool for safeties as there were for tight ends.

:dallasuck

Originally posted by jbooma

If Doss is great why did the Colts draft another safety with their first pick :)

Because the other safety (I think it is Bashir) is going to move back to corner back.

They might have the shortest safety combo in the history of the NFL.

That is a tough question. I actually dont like all of our depth at WR. Dont start yelling at me, I know depth is great but I dont think we will utilize all of our talent. Coles and Gardner could have big seasons while the rest play sparingly or they will all play and no one will have a big season

Having said that I wish we would have drafted Doss, and Taylor this year. Our secondary would be beast.

im still a Doss fan, things coulda been different for a year here and he may have actually done well. He did alright for the Colts last year. If we got Doss, and then got Taylor, that would be a feared combo right there. Jacobs is still untested, and we still coulda gotten Cooley either way to join us.

Archived