Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maradonna In Intensive Care!!

Chrisbob74

A non called handball on the goal line and a shot of the post is all that kept the US from facing South Korea in the Semi's last time around.

Expectations will be very high in 06. That's a good thing. Our best hope isnt 06, but rather 2010 when all the youngsters have a WC under their belt and 4 more years of improvement. Plus Adu will be 20.

Isnt it amazing that the US is ranked 11th in the world if (as is proposed) none of the best athletes play the sport? What a load of crap.

Maradona was Godlike in the 80s. He got fat later on, but outran everyone in his day. You dont see any fat soccer players. But see plenty of lardasses on the baseball field and plenty on the football field. Plus soccer games are twice as long as NBA games and 1.5 times as long as football (without stopping for a minute between each 5 second play). And baseball is appx 15 minutes long of actual playtime.

I get it that people dont like it. Fine, just dont watch it. No big deal. But to try and argue that soccerplayers arent the best athletes is absurd.

Zidane is great, but France doesnt win WC98 without Dessaille (sp?) Djorkaeff and Petit. Zidane was the best, but he could do it alone. Maradona did.

And how did they do in 2002 when Zidane played in only one of the group games?? Having watched Arsenal a lot Henry is fast becoming the best in the world, different class!! As for fitness, I've never been as fit in my life as when I was playing league football!

Zidane is an integral part of the team, but he is not able to win games on his own. Maradonna had that ability.

France had a wierd WC in 02. The opening loss to Senegal should be blamed on the coach.

They may have advanced with Zidane, but that doesnt equate to Argentina's run with Maradonna.

Soccer players are in great shape, but you have to admit, there IS alot of walking going on. ;)

As far as athletic prowess, I'd put any of our Varsity Lacrosse Middies against any of the Varsity Soccer Middies, seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

Bill,

What an ignorant statement. Soccer doesnt suck buddy...its by far, way far...the most popular sport in the world. You dont have to like it, but the word "sucks" is a bit strong and makes you sound like a hillbilly. I like football more than soccer actually dislike baseball. I think baseball is rancid, boring, and ruined, but even I dont think it sucks.

Originally posted by sweetness09

Bill,

What an ignorant statement. Soccer doesnt suck buddy...its by far, way far...the most popular sport in the world. You dont have to like it, but the word "sucks" is a bit strong and makes you sound like a hillbilly. I like football more than soccer actually dislike baseball. I think baseball is rancid, boring, and ruined, but even I dont think it sucks.

Hey Sweetness, read the rest of my posts on this thread before you (AGAIN) start name calling.

I coach Lacrosse in Central PA. I get frustrated at the amount soccer prgrams there are and how much of the fields that are alotted to teams that can barely get enough kids to field a team, much less have subs.

Do me a favor stop with the personal attacks, it's getting old, and you're wearing on my patience. okay? :slap:

Archived