Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aug 6 memo to the White House

chomerics

Originally posted by Johnny 'Luscious' Punani

A whole lot of nothing...

Everyone already knew Bin Laden wanted to strike inside the US since 1993 and the first WTC attack. No mention of using planes as missles....

So you would call the President having intel stating Bin Laden had operatives inside the US and they were going to hijack planes "A Whloe Lot of Nothing":hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Originally posted by chomerics

So you would call the President having intel stating Bin Laden had operatives inside the US and they were going to hijack planes "A Whloe Lot of Nothing":hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

So he had intel stating that Bin Laden had operatives in the US and that they were going to hijack planes and you thiunk that is nothing???:doh:

That they were targeting federal buildings in NY city???:doh:

They were in the US since Clinton was in office. I'm sure he had the same briefings as well. Let's look at those briefings as well and you will read the exact samething. Of course if we read the same type of intel from the Clinton Admin I'm sure you will change your tune...

I guess you don't know much about national security briefings. They get stuff like that every single day. Most of it is either BS or way to vague to do anything about just like in this case. What the real issue is your just looking for anything to slam Bush with because you don't like Bush to begin with. Just admit it. It would be much easier....

They were in the US since Clinton was in office. I'm sure he had the same briefings as well. Let's look at those briefings as well and you will read the exact samething. Of course if we read the same type of intel from the Clinton Admin I'm sure you will change your tune...

Man, get a clue. Are you saying Clinton had the exact same intel?

FACT:

Less than 40 days before 9-11 the Bush Administration recieves a memo titled

Bin Laden determined to strike in US

And it says

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full-field investigations throughout the U.S. that it considers bin Laden-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our embassy in the UAE in May saying that a group or bin Laden supporters was in the U.S. planning attacks with explosives.

And what was done??? NOTHING!!!

And you say this is not news???

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacs, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full field investigations throughout the US that it considers Bin Ladin related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our EMBASSY in the UAE in May saying that a group of Bin Ladin supporters was in the US planning attacks with explosives....

Clark said he, the FBI, and the CIA were constantly telling Bush that Al Quada were going to attack. Many memos and briefings and that Bush, Rice and the Cabal were just focused on Iraq....

Here is the first declassified document which explicitly corroborates his claim.. Then again Rice pretty much backed Clark up on all his facts only differing with him on the interpretations of the facts...

Wish they would have declassified what Bill Clinton said in his testomony..... Heard he talked until the comitte finally asked him to leave on Friday behind closed doors.....

Um, when the FBI was flying Ramsey Usef ( the guy who bombed the WTC the first time) to prison over New York in a helicopter, an FBI agent looked at him as they were flying within sight of the WTC and said something to the effect of, "You didn't get it, did you?" to which Usef replied,"Not this time". I think this little exchange might have made it to someone's higher ups.

Man, get a clue. Are you saying Clinton had the exact same intel?

FACT:

Less than 40 days before 9-11 the Bush Administration recieves a memo titled

Bin Laden determined to strike in US

And it says

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full-field investigations throughout the U.S. that it considers bin Laden-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our embassy in the UAE in May saying that a group or bin Laden supporters was in the U.S. planning attacks with explosives.

And what was done??? NOTHING!!!

And you say this is not news???

No buddy, YOU need to get a clue.

Clinton got those types of memos all the time. Why? Because the terrorists were in the US for several years planning the attacks while he was still in office. And you are blaming the entire thing on Bush because he recieved a vague threat about a hijackings or a attacks using explosives inside the US? Let try and be a little more partisan here ok :rolleyes:

So tell me, if Clinton was still in office and recieved that memo what would he have done?

Then again Rice pretty much backed Clark up on all his facts only differing with him on the interpretations of the facts...

Therein lies the problem with all intel. Someone's interpretation is what determines whether something is important. Look at how many interpretations of events there are in this post alone

They were in the US since Clinton was in office.

This is true but the FBI identified two Al Quada opperatives who took part in 911 only in August of that year. True they were here before but false the FBI knew about them under Clinton.

Clark said the FBI knew, but they never the FBI Director , Clark or the CIA. Here they are telling the President in his daily briefing... That's pretty amazing..

Originally posted by Sarge

Um, when the FBI was flying Ramsey Usef ( the guy who bombed the WTC the first time) to prison over New York in a helicopter, an FBI agent looked at him as they were flying within sight of the WTC and said something to the effect of, "You didn't get it, did you?" to which Usef replied,"Not this time". I think this little exchange might have made it to someone's higher ups.

I was just about to bring this up. Ramsey Usef specifically talked about flying passenger aircraft into the WTC during the Clinton admin.

Originally posted by thew

This is true but the FBI identified two Al Quada opperatives who took part in 911 only in August of that year. True they were here before but false the FBI knew about them under Clinton.

Clark said the FBI knew, but they never the FBI Director , Clark or the CIA. Here they are telling the President in his daily briefing... That's pretty amazing..

The FBI did know that there were people who entered the US that had terrorist ties although they didn't know everyone.

What this is is what everyone thought from the get go. That the FBI, CIA, and other intel orgs didn't talk to each other and put all the info they had together to link anything.

you are blaming the entire thing on Bush because he recieved a vague threat about a hijackings or a attacks using explosives inside the US?

The commitee asked what Bush did when he got this information. The answer was nothing. Rice didn't even think this information represented an urgent alert or anything new....

Compare that to Clinton who had terrorism the first item on the agenda in his morning national security meeting. The Director of the FBI, CIA had to say daily what they knew about Al Quada and go back to their agencies and shake the tree for the next day's briefing... Also it was the first agenda item in Clinton's weekly cabinet meetings every branch of the executive having to say and sit through what was going on about Al Quada... Also of course the nations top expert on terrorism was invited to both sets of meetings..

When Bush took office Rice ended the dayly security briefings focus on terrorism and Rice ended bringing it up in the weekly cabnent meetings and Rice excluded the terrorism expert from both sets of meetings.

How exactly can that be taken any way other than loosing focus?

I think your right that Bush and team didn't see anything urgent about this memo. I think the FBI, CIA and national terrorism expert are all on record saying anti terrorism was taken as urgent under Bill...

Originally posted by Bufford 3.0

Nothing specific in there. Obviously everybody going back through the mid 80's could of done more, but they didn't.

Nothing specific???

Does this or does this not say. . .

1.) Bin Laden has cells in the US

2.) There is suspicious activity

3.) Preperations for hijacking!!!

4.) Including recient surveillance of federal buildings in NEW YORK!!!

5.) Planning attacks with explosives

God, WTF did you want an invatation with the time, date and location hand delivered??? This is freaking scary crap man, it means the DID have intel before 9-11. This is the FIRST document de-classified and you find NOTHING wrong with that!!!!:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

I don't think it's so much the Admins failing to act properly but a total failure of the intelligence in this country to work together and put the pieces together before an attack happend....

This memo corroberates Clarkes BOOK!!!

Originally posted by thew

The committee asked what Bush did when he got this information. The answer was nothing. Rice didn't even think this information represented an urgent alert or anything new....

Compare that to Clinton who had terrorism the first item on the agenda in his morning national security meeting. The Director of the FBI, CIA had to say daily what they knew about Al Quada and go back to their agencies and shake the tree for the next day's briefing... Also it was the first agenda item in Clinton's weekly cabinet meetings every branch of the executive having to say and sit through what was going on about Al Quada... Also of course the nations top expert on terrorism was invited to both sets of meetings..

When Bush took office Rice ended the dayly security briefings focus on terrorism and Rice ended bringing it up in the weekly cabinet meetings and Rice excluded the terrorism expert from both sets of meetings.

How exactly can that be taken any way other than loosing focus?

I think your right that Bush and team didn't see anything urgent about this memo. I think the FBI, CIA and national terrorism expert are all on record saying anti terrorism was taken as urgent under Bill...

That is nice and all but what it comes down to is what would President Bill Clinton or any President have done with the exact same memo. I can tell you it would have been nothing. Why? Because it is unactionable intelligence. It is way too vague to respond in any fashion except save it and try to piece it together with other Intel and try to find any links which the FBI, CIA, and others failed to do properly.

When I say specific, I meant places and dates which were in place for years before. I didn't meant that nothing was in the planning.

What if the planes that hit the WTC and Pentagon were stopped? For all we know, there was a backup plan for the next day that took out trains or bridges or something else.

Nothing specific???

Does this or does this not say. . .

1.) Bin Laden has cells in the US

2.) There is suspicious activity

3.) Preperations for hijacking!!!

4.) Including recient surveillance of federal buildings in NEW YORK!!!

5.) Planning attacks with explosives

God, WTF did you want an invatation with the time, date and location hand delivered??? This is freaking scary crap man, it means the DID have intel before 9-11. This is the FIRST document de-classified and you find NOTHING wrong with that!!!!:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Ok Hammer,

Let's say your the President and you got that info. What would you have done?

chom,

What you fail to realize is that every single President gets briefed stuff like that EVERY single day. Don't you understand that?

Archived