Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Method Man's Round 1 Mock

method man

im doing this without trades.

1 San Diego-Eli Manning

Drew Brees is a plain bust. Why wait on him? He has already had 3 years. San Diego needs a new QB at the helm.

2 Oakland-Ben Roethlisberger

Gannon's playing days are pretty much over. He stunk before his injury. Tuiasoposo has not had enough time to prove himself as a legitimiate starter. So Roethlisberger makes sense here.

3 3 Arizona- Larry Fitzgerald

D. Green is friends with his dad. Green views fitzgerald as the next randy moss.

4 4 N.Y. Giants- Robert Gallery

That OLine plain stunk last year. They really need some help. Gallery and Petitgout will form a nice tackle tandem.

5 5 Washington- Sean Taylor

Now that Winslow has signed the Dumbstons as his agents. Taylor is all but a lock here unless the skins trade down. they can potentially take udeze here too but that would be too high.

6 6 Detroit- Steven Jackson

Their biggest weakness is their running game. They are really strong in many areas. The drafting of jackson has them a step closer to playoff contendor.

7 7 Cleveland- Kellen Winslow

Davis wont shy away from drafting the TE that he recruited from high school. Winslow will open up things for andre davis and whoever is the no. 2 receiver there now that northcutt is gone.

8 8 Atlanta- Mike Williams

Peerless Price proved himself to be perhaps the biggest bust of the FA market last year. Putting Mike Williams at the no. 1 receiver spot and moving peerless back down to the no. 2 may help price to put up the numbers he put up in buffalo.

9 9 Jacksonville- Dunta Robinson

I raise the question who do they have at CB right now that fernando bryant has left. they are considering movin rashaun woods (their 2nd rounder last year) over to CB but i would not take a risk. robinson is a nice shutdown CB.

10 10 Houston- Vince Wilfork

They solved their pass rush problems in FA with the signing of robaire smith and the resigning of gary walker. however their NT was injured for most of last year. wilfork will anchor their 3man dline down.

11 11 Pittsburgh- Phillip Rivers

Tommy Maddox stunk last year. This may be a reach for Rivers but they have so much talent on offense that they need a good QB to operate.

12 12 N.Y. Jets- Roy Williams

They have to be happy that williams who would have been a top 5 pick last year falls into their lap. williams is a great character guy. displayed by staying for his senior year. he would be a rather nice compliment to santana moss.

13 13 Buffalo- Ben Troupe

Not many positional weaknesses. TE is one of them. Troupe provides them with a probowlcaliber TE that is almost as good as winslow.

14 14 Chicago- Michael Clayton

Need better options at WR than Marty Booker and Dez White.

15 15 Tampa Bay- DJ Williams

They need to upgrade an upgrade over Dwayne Rudd. Signing Williams may restore Tampa Bay's D to that off the one in which they won the SB

16 16 San Francisco- Reggie Williams

Exactly who do they have at receiver? Cedrick Wilson and Brandon Lloyd. Not exactly a good starting combo. Williams will help this sad receiving corps big-time. i actually envision a potential trade with the steelers so that SF can snatch roy williams and pitt can take rivers where his actual worth lies.

17 17 Cincinnati- Chris Gamble

Gamble is the 2nd best corner in the draft. Cincy needs a CB after failing to sign troy vincent and bobby taylor in FA.

18 18 New Orleans- Jonathan Vilma

Their LBs flatout suck. Vilma would be a real upgrade over anyone they currently have.

19 19 Minnesota- Kenechi Udeze

I screwed up somewhere. Realistically he probably will not fall this far down. but minny probably would take udeze here without blinking an eye.

20 20 Miami- Will Smith

Ogunleye has insisted he will not play for the dolphins unless he gets a big contract. so the fins may just trade ogunleye and draft smith here which would be a steal.

21 21 New England (from Baltimore )- Kevin Jones

Crappy RBs currently on the roster. Jones would immediately be the starter. this is possibly their only weakness on the entire team.

22 22 Dallas- Shawn Andrews

Now that both of the RBs they covet are gone, the boys may try to upgrade their mediocre oline. andrews or vernon carey would be a fit here.

23 23 Seattle- Randy Starks

They really had problems with run-stopping last year. They need someone to replace eaton and norman hand who they have released.

24 24 Denver- Darnell Dockett

They need someone to step in for daryl gardner who they are releasing. Dockett would be a good fit here next to trevor pryce.

25 25 Green Bay- Jason Babin

This guy (DE) has really been rising up draft boards across the country. GB may take him here becasue they have cut both joe johnson and jamal reynolds.

26 26 St. Louis- Deangelo Hall

Their CBs are not really great. Jeremetrius Butler would be better as the nickle back. Hall provides the Rams with an explosive CB/KR.

27 27 Tennessee- Marcus Tubbs

He will be Robaire's replacement.

28 28 Philadelphia- Will Poole

Lito Sheppard sux. Poole will potentially have a battle with sheppard for a starting spot.

29 29 Indianapolis- Vernon Carey

Probably the BPA available. can never have too many good olinemen.

30 30 Kansas City- Sean Jones

This will help to further solidify their secondary.

31 31 Carolina- Jake Grove

Grove is probably the BPA here.

32 32 New England- Karlos Dansby

They do not have many needs as of now so they could take the BAP which is Dansby.

all rite i will try to put in a couple trades and add in harris. ok now i got 2 trades. one is between SF and Pitt and the other is between the lions and bengals. my mock notices a slip in the position of the top DL prospects due to teams not having much interest in DL. this may be due to last year's monster draft of DTs.

note: I pushed reggie williams out of the first round to let harris in.

1 San Diego-Eli Manning

Drew Brees is a plain bust. Why wait on him? He has already had 3 years. San Diego needs a new QB at the helm.

2 Oakland-Ben Roethlisberger

Gannon's playing days are pretty much over. He stunk before his injury. Tuiasoposo has not had enough time to prove himself as a legitimiate starter. So Roethlisberger makes sense here.

3 3 Arizona- Larry Fitzgerald

D. Green is friends with his dad. Green views fitzgerald as the next randy moss.

4 4 N.Y. Giants- Robert Gallery

That OLine plain stunk last year. They really need some help. Gallery and Petitgout will form a nice tackle tandem.

5 5 Washington- Sean Taylor

Now that Winslow has signed the Dumbstons as his agents. Taylor is all but a lock here unless the skins trade down. they can potentially take udeze here too but that would be too high.

6 6 Cincinatti (from Detroit)- Dunta Robinson

Dunta Robinson is set to be a top tier CB. the bengals are in real need of one. they do not want any of the teams in the early teens picking up robinson so they will move all the way up here.

7 7 Cleveland- Kellen Winslow

Davis wont shy away from drafting the TE that he recruited from high school. Winslow will open up things for andre davis and whoever is the no. 2 receiver there now that northcutt is gone.

8 8 Atlanta- Mike Williams

Peerless Price proved himself to be perhaps the biggest bust of the FA market last year. Putting Mike Williams at the no. 1 receiver spot and moving peerless back down to the no. 2 may help price to put up the numbers he put up in buffalo. they will not take harris here because rod coleman was signed in the FA

9 9 Jacksonville- Chris Gamble

I raise the question who do they have at CB right now that fernando bryant has left. they are considering movin rashaun woods (their 2nd rounder last year) over to CB but i would not take a risk. gamble will help to solidify the Jags's CB corps.

10 10 Houston- Vince Wilfork

They solved their pass rush problems in FA with the signing of robaire smith and the resigning of gary walker. however their NT was injured for most of last year. wilfork will anchor their 3man dline down.

11 11 San Francisco (from Pitt) - Roy Williams

Exactly who do they have at receiver? Cedrick Wilson and Brandon Lloyd. Not exactly a good starting combo. Williams will help this sad receiving corps big-time. i actually envision a potential trade with the steelers so that SF can snatch roy williams and pitt can take rivers where his actual worth lies.

12 12 N.Y. Jets- Tommie Harris

Jets will be delighted to pick up Harris here. They would like to take a DL with this pick because abraham and ellis will be UFAs next year. and for next season they would like to move abraham over to a LB position.

13 13 Buffalo- Ben Troupe

Not many positional weaknesses. TE is one of them. Troupe provides them with a probowlcaliber TE that is almost as good as winslow.

14 14 Chicago- Michael Clayton

Need better options at WR than Marty Booker and Dez White.

15 15 Tampa Bay- DJ Williams

They need to upgrade an upgrade over Dwayne Rudd. Signing Williams may restore Tampa Bay's D to that off the one in which they won the SB

16 16 Pittsburgh (from SF) - Phillip Rivers

Maddox proved himself to be a flash in the pan. Rivers really shined at the Senior Bowl.

17 17 Detroit (from Cincinatti)- Steven Jackson

Their biggest weakness is their running game. They are really strong in many areas. The drafting of jackson has them a step closer to playoff contendor.

18 18 New Orleans- Jonathan Vilma

Their LBs flatout suck. Vilma would be a real upgrade over anyone they currently have.

19 19 Minnesota- Kenechi Udeze

I screwed up somewhere. Realistically he probably will not fall this far down. but minny probably would take udeze here without blinking an eye.

20 20 Miami- Will Smith

Ogunleye has insisted he will not play for the dolphins unless he gets a big contract. so the fins may just trade ogunleye and draft smith here which would be a steal.

21 21 New England (from Baltimore )- Kevin Jones

Crappy RBs currently on the roster. Jones would immediately be the starter. this is possibly their only weakness on the entire team.

22 22 Dallas- Shawn Andrews

Now that both of the RBs they covet are gone, the boys may try to upgrade their mediocre oline. andrews or vernon carey would be a fit here.

23 23 Seattle- Randy Starks

They really had problems with run-stopping last year. They need someone to replace eaton and norman hand who they have released.

24 24 Denver- Darnell Dockett

They need someone to step in for daryl gardner who they are releasing. Dockett would be a good fit here next to trevor pryce.

25 25 Green Bay- Jason Babin

This guy (DE) has really been rising up draft boards across the country. GB may take him here becasue they have cut both joe johnson and jamal reynolds.

26 26 St. Louis- Deangelo Hall

Their CBs are not really great. Jeremetrius Butler would be better as the nickle back. Hall provides the Rams with an explosive CB/KR.

27 27 Tennessee- Marcus Tubbs

He will be Robaire's replacement.

28 28 Philadelphia- Will Poole

Lito Sheppard sux. Poole will potentially have a battle with sheppard for a starting spot.

29 29 Indianapolis- Vernon Carey

Probably the BPA available. can never have too many good olinemen.

30 30 Kansas City- Sean Jones

This will help to further solidify their secondary.

31 31 Carolina- Jake Grove

Grove is probably the BPA here.

32 32 New England- Karlos Dansby

They do not have many needs as of now so they could take the BAP which is Dansby.

Wow first no Tommie harris and then he goes to 12.

I agree with him at 12 but wonder why he wasnot on the board to begin with?

Roethilsberger going 2

and Troupe at 13.

good players but Might be stretches.

I like the trade involing Pitt and SF. Noone like rivers more than Pitt.

Other than Big Ben what do you think about other mocks that say the Chargers are leaning away from Eli in favor of a trade or Robert Gallery?

sry about harris. i just forgot about him. lol

roethlisberger and troupe may be stretches but if u take a somewhat indepth look, the raiders need new blood at QB. gannon absolutely stunk last season. might as well infuse a new guy in there to bring down the average age of the team by at least a year.

TE is possibly the biggest weakness on the whole Bills team. So, they may trade down to pick him up but troupe would really open things up for moulds and reed.

If I were the Chargers GM, I would trade the no. 1 pick for multiple picks. the chargers actually have many holes. however i do not believe that is goin to happen. a cardinal rule of the draft is that you never pass on a sure-fire franchise quarterback. the chargers ignored this rule and got burned a couple years ago when they essentially traded mike vick for tomlinson. so i do not believe they will make the same mistake again.

Archived