Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something Gotta Give

It seems to me that every year the thing we are lacking we fix.

One year it was Offense. Next Is Defense. Next is coach. now to me it seems we had a head coach but not a good coaching staff.

Now we have no excuse. At first when we signed Gibbs.. i was not that exicted.Don't get me wrong he is a great coach but he has been out of football for so long.. But when i heard the Assintants he brought in now i am really excited. We have a great coaching staff. And that is what your really need in football. You can be the best haed caoch ever but with out the help of all the staff your not going to amount to much.

So yet again skins fans start off with a new coach, well sorta. So this year something gotta to give..

Originally posted by Redskinswhoopass

It seems to me that every year the thing we are lacking we fix.

One year it was Offense. Next Is Defense. Next is coach. now to me it seems we had a head coach but not a good coaching staff.

Now we have no excuse. At first when we signed Gibbs.. i was not that exicted.Don't get me wrong he is a great coach but he has been out of football for so long..

How could you not be excited? Joe Gibbs coming back to the skins is like Vince Lombardi coming back to coach the Packers.........and in regards to his time away from coaching, Dick Vermeil went a longer period of time away from the game and won a superbowl.

Originally posted by Redskinswhoopass

...now to me it seems we had a head coach but not a good coaching staff.

.. But when i heard the Assintants he brought in now i am really excited. We have a great coaching staff. And that is what your really need in football. You can be the best haed caoch ever but with out the help of all the staff your not going to amount to much.

So yet again skins fans start off with a new coach, well sorta. So this year something gotta to give..

huh?? :paranoid:

Though all of you that posted here fit in the category, I'd give anyone under the age of 25 a pass when it comes to being excited about Gibbs' return.

That would put you 14 or under when he was last here. A little young to have fully appreciated Gibbs' complete previous tenure here.

Was it really a surprise to anyone that Gibbs put together the staff that he did? It sure was not too me. Just about every coach in the NFL would like the chance to work with Joe Gibbs, and Gibbs is more than smart enough to realise that he needs the best he can get to help him out.

Originally posted by SonnyJ

Though all of you that posted here fit in the category, I'd give anyone under the age of 25 a pass when it comes to being excited about Gibbs' return.

That would put you 14 or under when he was last here. A little young to have fully appreciated Gibbs' complete previous tenure here.

I am 21, I have been a life long redskins fan and the same with my family. I have maybe missed 2 or 3 Redskin’s games since I was 5. We have a collection of most of the redskins games on tape from 86 to 92. I have watched just about all of those tapes, and I KNOW what Gibbs will bring to us, the drive and COACHING WE NEED to win! I did not sleep for two nights when I heard Gibbs had a chance of coming back. Every year I am very hyped about the redskins, this year I am more hyped then I have ever been in my life.

Originally posted by SonnyJ

Although its true that I was 12 when Coach Gibbs first left DC, who are you to question the excitement that anyone under the age of 25 has about the return of coach Gibbs? By your logic a Paleontologist can not be an expert on prehistoric times due to never having lived in that era. I have dilligently followed the redskins since as far as my memory can stretch, and have watched EVERY game for atleast the past 17 years.

I can easily describe the Gibbs style of offense, and with as much ease can name every starter on both sides of the ball from the 91 Super bowl team. In fact outside of some of the members on this fine website, I rarely come across a fan that knows more about the team than I.

So while yes, during the majority of the glory years I was indeed a child, and I now follow football much more closely, I too understand the significance of Gibbs' return. I understand that Coach Gibbs will not rest until the glory that was experienced during his first tenure is returned to the Burgandy and Gold.

I understand that Gibbs is the history, present, and future of this franchise, and that every fan regardless of age should be thankful for his return.

Who's has been a better coach for the last 30 years? I used to get so pissed when Bill Walsh was called a genius for so long......Montana and Steve Young were hard to lose with.

Anyone not excited about Gibbs (or worried about it if you live in Philly, NY, Dallas) did not watch football in the 80's. Parcells, Walsh, Billichek are good but ....just as Quayle was no Kennedy.......all those guys are not Gibbs.

Gibbs started the curse by leaving........now he is back. All the mediocrity and straight up bad football was only seen in the years since he retired. It is finally over. We will now see a well-prepared football team, with loads of that all to important intangible.....chemistry. And so I quote Owen Wilson from the movie Zoolander, 'What's left to ponder?':high:

Archived