Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

cap/money left

MumboSauce

Hopefully this isnt a dupe post, this is only my second post/reply here.

But far as the cap goes and the money left, the Skins just acquired Walt Harris and Ralph Brown, b4 picking them up I believe there was about 3mil of cap space left.

After thier signings..is there enough money to protect rfa or fa's like McCants and the like? I think McCants is an excellent tallent worth protecting...great hands, catches darn near everything thrown his way... and has proven valuable in the redzone/endzone. Great Size...I guess his speed and route running is fair/average. With that said, in your minds/opinions..is he or any other targets by other teams worth protecting? and is there enough money left to do so?

Well, all of the RFA have been tendered which means they currently are taking up cap space in the amount of the tendered offer.

I would say that unless a team forks over way too much for one of the Skins' marginal RFAs, the Skins have plenty of room under the cap to match an offer.

Originally posted by TheSchwartz

Well, all of the RFA have been tendered which means they currently are taking up cap space in the amount of the tendered offer.

I would say that unless a team forks over way too much for one of the Skins' marginal RFAs, the Skins have plenty of room under the cap to match an offer.

I agree. The 3 million before the signings of Harris and Brown included the offeres to the RFA's. So, it looks like we now have around 2 million left. I would look to see some cuts and some restructuring of contracts before it's over, which would free up additional room.

The WT (yeah, I know...) seems to think we are $4 million under AFTER the signings of Brown and Harris. If this is true, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that NFLPA.org has not yet posted Shawn Springs's contract numbers...

Archived