Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Parcells have been lukewarm on the Drew Henson trade?

TC4

Found this over on the Cowboys.net. Seems that maybe the Tuna wasn't so high on trading for Drew Henson:

http://mazevo.com/mazevo/sm.x?c=dallascowboys&f=dallascowboysmain&m=30746

------------------------------------------------------

"Parcells was pretty luke warm on the deal but knew he would not have to act on Henson in the near future."

This was a quote from a member off the Texans MB. I ask where he got it form.

"The "source" is a Cowboys personel who I have access to but has asked for the courtesy of anonymity. But the Cowboys camp was relatively split on the decision for the trade and how it might work into their plans."

He's usually reliable on his sources. Take it for what it's worth.

I just hope this isn't the 1st rift between JJ and BP. I always thought if we got Henson it would be because JJ wanted him not BP.

Fred Jones,

Well, for starters, they probably arent interested in paying an aging, injury prone CB a ton of money up front. If youve noticed, Dallas is taking the wait and see - bargain approach to FA since last season. It worked out pretty well last season and so far they landed Wiley for a nice price.

I will admit they were probably caught off guard with the quick flurry of moves that were made during the first couple of days.

Dont get me wrong, Taylor is still a very solid player and playing next to Newman would form a pretty nice CB combination. Couple that with Woodson and Williams and thats a pretty nice secondary.

However, I know it will be hard to believe, but Tuna really thinks Pete Hunter is something special. Hes compared him to Marcus Coleman who also was very raw during his first two seasons, but blossomed very nicely under Tuna in his 3rd season. It will be Hunter's 3rd season too this year, and Tuna thinks with more playing time (remember, he was hurt for the first month of the season last year) he will continue to develop and blossom into a solid, and maybe starting CB.

They also have Donald Mitchell who was brought in last season but was hurt, and put on IR during TC. Basically, for the right price, I think they would consider him, but right now, they dont know what the market is for him. My guess, if its near (a little lower) than what VIncent got from Buffalo, their interest may spike. Stay tuned.

Archived