Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another reason it hurt so bad........

NoCalMike

Another reason the loss to Dallas hurt so much, is basically because, personally I thought we really had a good chance to win. I wasn't going into this game thinking, whoa it may come down to the wire. There have been times before when we played Dallas where I knew it was going to be tough and we may not win, but this time I was very confident that Skins would win, and just like that we are 5-6.....AAAAAAARGH.....so I guess we will play them at home on Thanksgiving next year, if the Thanksgiving day pattern stays true.....

-Mike

It hurt and it still hurts!

It seemed right out of the box that we were gonna lose. You could feel it in the air at FedEx. What a waste of a perfect game and time to rid the monkey we were all talking about. The monkey is King Kong and growing and we have to have it around for a whole nother year.

Did I mention it hurts?

This sucks and will suck for a long time.

I get to go back and watch again for the Bears game and I hope the air clears around FedEx by then.

Guest fuji869

I felt the game slipping away after the Boys dove down with ease the first time they had the ball. I was throwing sofa cushions around and hitting my had on the wall. hammer.gif

If I did not have this site to vent some frustration out during the game I might have been like some Redskins Fans an had to buy a new remote control today!

Prior to the game I had said that I felt this would be a close game, with Washington pulling away with the victory -- barring we had a reduced amount of turnovers from the QB position.

This Cowboys team has played better than their record indicates.

They've had soooo many games they should have won, despite just having HORRID QB play.

We lost to the Bucs by 4 despite having 34 passing yards, with Q throwing an INT on the attempting game-winning drive.

We lost to the Falcons with Leaf throwing an INT on the last drive of the game.

We had a huge lead against the Giants, but lost it with 4 Stoerner turnovers.

Not to mention our special teams play this season...

Not attempting to make excuses for our losses -- we entered this season knowing what we were getting into with having such young QBs on the roster. But the defense has been playing magnificently, and the running game has been excelling. Considering the way Quincy played yesterday -- limited mistakes, a big play, some critical 3rd down completions, a nice run or two -- it's no surprise we won IMO.

It goes right in line with the way we've played most of this season.

The difference being the QB didn't screw things up, and Emmitt and the running game looked even better than it had in previous games.

Not sure how our defense has done it considering we practically had no new defensive additions (2nd rounder Safety Tony Dixion, 7th rounder DT Nix) and a multitude of losses (Lett, Spellman, Hennings, Wortham, Bowden, McNeil, Sparks). Granted, the only player out of that bunch that played well a year ago was McNeil. But this unit has improved a boatload. Great coaching from Zimmer primarily, coupled with some players stepping up (Ellis, Myers, Edwards, Nguyen, and Woody like always)...

[edited.gif by Dale on December 03, 2001.]

Archived