Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why we're going to trade the #5 pick

Thinking Skins

I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona takes Taylor at 3. D. Green seems to like McCown and taking the best defensive player in the draft would make alot of sense for them. If that does happen then I think we will move down somewhere between 10-15 for someone who wants Rothlesberger, Gallery, KWII, or one of the wideouts. Then we get Udeze or Wilfork along with the extra pick or two we aquire.

At this point there is NOTHING set in stone. Whether we use the pick or trade down will be based on who's available at #5 and/or what kinds of offers we get. We get get a great offer prior to the draft but I doubt it. IF we trade down, it probably won't happen until our pick comes up. While some of these arguments have merit, they're all useless until about an hour into the draft.

I don't agree that the Skins and Snyder are not interested in addig a rookie, if he has the potential to be an impact player :)

Remember that in 2000 in addition to Sanders, Smith and George the Redskins moved up to grab Chris Samuels after taking Arrington at #2.

The Redskins could have traded one of those picks for an established player or two.

The Skins will draft Taylor IF they are able to fill in on the DL with a capable vet or two who can get to the qb.

Kenny Holmes is a guy that can fit that role here in 2004. Ditto for Tony Brackens if his asking price comes down.

yes we will absolutely trade the pick, just look at what we have done so far we have stocked up on picks and not gone after any FA.................................................................................. oh wait ................................................................... i guess what we have done to this point is pick up vets and not worry about draft pick, so what to make anyone think it going to all the sudden change??????

We are building for a championship in the next few tears. We need the best player available, who i hope is taylor. He would soldify our d backs and make some big plays. More picks is good for the future, but was trading for brunell good for the future. NO. We are looking to win now and taylor is the best player out there

Archived